New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2000 Blazer with 89k miles, checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Beginning Member
JunkManBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer with 89k miles, checking in!

Hey everyone, glad to be on here! I recently purchased a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT with 89k original miles on it for a smooth $1500. The kicker is that it has some minor damage and was sold on a salvage auction site. I'll get some pictures up of it relatively soon, but after replacing both doors and the side view mirror, I don't think anyone will ever be able to tell it was hit. No frame damage at all, so it was definitely worth it.

I'm torn between lowering this beauty and daily driving it, and leveling the front up a bit with some Moog 5664 springs, throwing some A/T tires on it and using it as an adventure wagon. She looks and drives so good for 20 years old!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing all your builds and starting my own!

Old 01-24-2020, 05:31 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome!

Is your Blazer 2wd or 4wd? I daily my 1999 LT 4wd 4dr in the winter (here in North Idaho). I use it for the snow, going to the mountains and towing my boat. As for upgrades, I've installed an over-sized radiator, done a small lift (for peace of mind), added a steering stabilizer, had the transmission rebuilt and upgraded a few years ago and am planning to add a rear swing-away spare tire carrier.

There is a lot you can do with our Blazers.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:43 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Blazerforum.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Beginning Member

As promised, pictures of the Blazer. The driver's side took a scrape, but didn't affect the body at all. Couple junkyard doors and I'll be on the road since I don't really care to do bodywork on it when we have so many in junkyards around here. Interior is mint, but don't have any good pictures of it. Still has the little cargo shade on the back in mint condition too. Should be a fun project, once work starts on it I'll make a thread all it's own.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:46 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, nice ride.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the welcome! Always happy to be around like minded enthusiasts. I spend a lot of my time on the GMT400 site with my Silverado but I don't think I'll be keeping it much longer with this newest addition.

Decided to go ahead and start massaging the dents out of the doors. The driver's side took the hardest of the hit so I'll end up scouring for a blue door to throw on it. So far however, truck runs well however! The handling was a little strange, so I dug around underneath and found one of the rubber bushings on the upper control arms had fallen out (on both sides) so I'll be replacing those within the coming weeks and throwing a modest 3/3 drop in as well. Along with that, we rolled over 90k today!

Gonna start a build thread soon to document the little odds and ends I do with this truck. Hope to see you guys there!

Old 02-22-2020, 09:13 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That's a very nice blazer! Blazers looking good. Did the rear door come out good enough to keep?

Old 02-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Beginning Member
Uudfourty is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome

Welcome aboard. I love that color.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member

The rear door is usable, so I won't have to replace it! Still searching for a blue door, my trip to the junkyard Saturday ended up being a bust since it was a manual crank window and not electric.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

What if you get any colour door and paint before install? Are you looking at all:

s10-sonoma-jimmy-blazer-bravada?

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer with 89k miles, checking in!