New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

finally getting around to my introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
rcravincase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finally getting around to my introduction

i've had my blazer now for a year. i wasnt much a fan of it when i bought it, but i needed it to tow stuff. since then, ive done a little bit of work, and most of the upgrades done were to replace broken stuff. it still has its fair share of issues including a hard shifting trans (narrowed it down to a sticking valve body), broken shifter cable (can't find a replacement), and other small things here and there. upgrades include flowmaster headers and y-pipe, straight piped cat, thrust super turbo muffler, cold air intake, electric cooling fan, tinted windows and smoke tail lights, tow package reinstalled, removed roof rack and badging, replaced the rear after the diff grenaded, and of course basic maintnance stuff like brakes and ball joints. its a decent vehicle, its my DD and not my project, but i would eventually like to fix the minor rust and paint it flat black, and get a set of 17's. im going to get a set of junkyard headlights and try to remove the orange reflector so i can use corner signals to match the bumper signals. i was also thinking of a 350 swap or a cummins 4bt swap sometime after the 4.3 lets go.

i've also got some sounds clips of it too. i havent quite heard a 4.3 like mine before, mostly i hear them with a glass pack or a flowmaster super 40. the glass pack is nice, but it would be too loud for me, and the super 40 doesnt have the sound i like. i used my phone so its not the best quality, but it sounds great it person.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...=1196877054996

Last edited by rcravincase; 10-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Wow! You keeps her nice for a hauler rig... if mine got half the attention you give yours when things are broken, I'd have a bad lookin' truck

One thing, why do you run you Air Intake as such instead of as a Cold Air Intake? not sharp shooting, just figure there is a reason there...

Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the wild west of New Zealand.
Sweet looking rig, I hope you'r a fan now after all the work you've done on her.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from the Black Beast down in New Zealand.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

OMG! Looks like my blazer (see my gallery)!!! haha I painted my grill black, and I am going to paint my wheels black. Thx for posting man, now I will know what my wheels will look like.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

WElcome from Pennsylvania. Nice truck

Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

welcome

Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
rcravincase is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys. the short ram style intake is semi-temporary until i can get another peice of pipe to run it down to the factory filter location and box it off. that peice i used, i think it was orignally supposed to be a chrome exhaust tip, i found it in a scrap dumpster.

Craig, I painted my wheels black because none of them matched. i hit a rock and broke one, and the replacment i got was nicely polished. two of them i had were extremely pitted and looked like crap, and the other one was decent. i was thinking of getting a roof visor and the little tail spoiler, but i dont think i will now. kinda makes it look too cluttered for me. but i am considering a 2" cowl hood sometime down the road

Old 10-27-2009, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rcravincase
thanks guys. the short ram style intake is semi-temporary until i can get another peice of pipe to run it down to the factory filter location and box it off. that peice i used, i think it was orignally supposed to be a chrome exhaust tip, i found it in a scrap dumpster.

Craig, I painted my wheels black because none of them matched. i hit a rock and broke one, and the replacment i got was nicely polished. two of them i had were extremely pitted and looked like crap, and the other one was decent. i was thinking of getting a roof visor and the little tail spoiler, but i dont think i will now. kinda makes it look too cluttered for me. but i am considering a 2" cowl hood sometime down the road
haha if you did our trucks would look a lot alike. Yeah I can't wait to give my wheels a coat of black and red tear drops (what did you do red with)?

Quick Reply: finally getting around to my introduction