New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greeting all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member
GS-Drew is on a distinguished road
Default Greeting all!

Greeting all,
I'm Drew and I just picked up a real sweet, garage kept, red, 2000 Blazer LS with 111.4K miles on the clock. In near perfect condition. This was in the family since 2003/4. The interior and paint are like new! but there are a few minor things I need to get on:
1. Driver side door pin bushings. Just got the replacements and will get this done this weekend.
2. AC needs topping off.
3. Adjustable mirrors don't adjust from the inside. No issue there.
4. Windshield is cracked, but will wait on this one.
5. Both front seat have the manual tilt adjust handle broken off. What's the fix?
5. All the tires are cupped on the inside, not sure what to do here other than replace the tires. There is a factory tow hitch and all the shocks have been beefed-up. Could they be too stiff? I friend told me all Chevy truck tend to cup. Is this true?
My big question right now is... How do I de-code the build/option sheet on the glove box door?
Thanks for the help!
-Drew

Old 05-27-2021, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GS-Drew
Greeting all,
I'm Drew and I just picked up a real sweet, garage kept, red, 2000 Blazer LS with 111.4K miles on the clock. In near perfect condition. This was in the family since 2003/4. The interior and paint are like new! but there are a few minor things I need to get on:
1. Driver side door pin bushings. Just got the replacements and will get this done this weekend.
2. AC needs topping off.
3. Adjustable mirrors don't adjust from the inside. No issue there.
4. Windshield is cracked, but will wait on this one.
5. Both front seat have the manual tilt adjust handle broken off. What's the fix?
5. All the tires are cupped on the inside, not sure what to do here other than replace the tires. There is a factory tow hitch and all the shocks have been beefed-up. Could they be too stiff? I friend told me all Chevy truck tend to cup. Is this true?
My big question right now is... How do I de-code the build/option sheet on the glove box door?
Thanks for the help!
-Drew
Welcome. Sounds like you got yourself a decent one.

As for the codes, do a Google search for "GM RPO decode." There are services that for a small fee will gove you a full printout of the codes and what they represent given only the VIN.

But you can also look up them in tables.

Some of the codes of most intetest would be if the vehicle has a limited slip rear differential (G80) and what the axle ratios are, e.g., GT4 = 3.73:1 (I think).

Others of primary interest would be the suspension options. This matters for towing towingcan affect towing capacity. For instance I have ZW7 premium ride suspension that came with self leveling rear shocks and a weaker set of rear springs to compensate.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:45 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Looking foward to seeing this sweet ride!

Old 05-29-2021, 05:31 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Blazer Forum.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:59 AM
Beginning Member

Yes, It is nice. I need to get some pics up.
I went through all the codes and found that I also have the ZW7 suspension package and 293 gears in a non-locking dif. Everything else is obvious, like electric doors, manual seats, roof rack, tach, AT... etc.
What I didn't find was a code for indicating a security system option. Is there one or is it standard? Been curious about that, since I don't have a key fob yet, and I do see a dash "Security" indicator when I put the key in to start it.
I don't think mine leveling system is working.
I need to get a Blazer manual, which is preferred?
Thanks,
-Drew

Old 06-03-2021, 05:32 PM
Beginning Member

And here she is...​​​​​​​

2000 Blazer LS