New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings from Poland

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Greetings from Poland

Howdy,
I have made my introduction post very first day I've registered. Somehow I missed the notice I'd have to wait at least two days prior posting anything, so my post is gone to the void.
I live in Poland. We have some things in common with US - we share same values to a freedom, God, honor and homeland. And - of course - there are many things that makes us differ. If it comes to the cars - people are focused on fuel consumption (gas price is double here in comparison to US). So they used to prefer an engines up to 2L and drive sticks.
I have been several times to US and I always liked to look at trucks like F150 or RAM, which i liked most. I even thought of getting one for myself, but they belong to a different dream - I had to face the fact I'm not running a ranch in TX, but live in Poland. A time to give up my dreams ...
Two months ago I saw my friend's blazer. At a first glance did not draw my attention. But then - hey - that one would pass the garage door, and would fit my needs. Accurately! I am living on a country side. Some winters we have had hard snowing and 4x4 is a must in that situations. I love hunting, outdoor, hiking, bushcrafting - that would be an excellent ride for me!
I have been digging the advertises daily. I have no idea how things are in US, but here in Poland the aftermarket car dealers are scumbags that try to sell you a junk for the price. It took me nearly two months till I found a ride in a reasonable shape.

Please meet the *beast* that devours when hungry and roars when angry.

Last days I've been working on the beast doing checks, getting parts and doing fixes. The more I do the more I love this car. The BF is a goldmine of knowledge to me, should i say *thank you*.

Cheers, Mike

Attached Thumbnails Greetings from Poland-furak.jpg