New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Lucky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all

Hello hello. I am Greg and I am here to seek your wise advice o great ones. I signed up on here a while ago, but never came around often. Now I need help, badly. Here's a little background: I've worked on cars etc for a while now so I know my way around with some instruction. Tell me what to do and how to do it, and I can do it no problem. Tell me to troubleshoot, and I'll stare at you blankly with barely a clue where to start. It's frustrating but I'm still learning.

I have a 1997 Blazer 4.3 4wd. She is my baby. And she's on the chopping block sadly. If you guys can point me in the direction of how to remedy my issues, she'll stay but if I can't get this stuff fixed she'll be going out to a big farm where she can play with all the other Blazers and S-10's *sniffle sniffle*

Herein lies the problems:

1. I only have heat out of the defroster. I have been told this is probably an actuator of some sort, but I have no idea where to begin with this.

2. My blower motor surges like a gimp running a marathon. Wagering blower motor resistor, but again, I'm not certain.

3. I've had this damn lean code for the longest time. I can't recall the specific code, but I remember it read along the lines of an o2 sensor being bad. Both o2 sensors have been replaced, and after replacing both of them someone told me that my code meant it was running lean but had no further explanation on how the hell to fix it.

Vacuum lines have recently been replaced and deemed leak-free at the local garage. I'm just out of money to have the rest of this done by someone else, especially when it's in my ability to fix near anything once I figure out what the eff it is. The first two issues of are the highest priority seeing as how it's currently 5 degrees outside and expected to get worse. Help. Help. HELP!!

Thank you all.