New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from the Central Oregon Coast!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 02:24 PM
duhwolf is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from the Central Oregon Coast!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and new to the blazer scene. How did I get here?.....
I have always been a Bronco II/Ranger guy, In fact I never even glanced at an S10 or Blazer with any kind of interest so how i landed a 2002 custom blazer is a bit out of the normal for me because i generally don't like the trading up concept but yet, this is what happened.
I purchased a retired 20 year old FL80 day cab semi (not running) from a company I work for for $150. I put about $400 and 10 hours of work into it and made a deal with a guy who got an '88 vette on barter and just wanted something he could use to pull his horse trailer with. The haggle began and i ended up with a 1988 corvette with some paint flaws and $500. That car was fun but.... My wife hated it, a happy wife is a happy life so I sold it for $3k. I am so far on top of my original amount invested I thought to my self. I'm going to buy something different for a toy. This is where the Blazer comes in. I drove past this thing next to a curvy two lane for everyday for over a year thinking that thing looks like a pro street truck for sure, that and it was sitting in the parking lot of a custom shop.
Then one day a for sale sign was in the window but no price.
I drive truck on that route but the lot is to small for me to stop with trailer on so i scoured the sale ads from Craigslist to Facebook. I found the shops info and contacted the owner and arranged a showing. Finally i get to get a closer look at it, Lowered, bumper cover, roll pan, custom paint. not perfect but nice looking. stock virgin 4.3L but overall for a 2002 not bad. Turns out he wanted $3k... well, i just happened to have $2800 left from that vette sale and i offered just that. so now it's mine for $2800. I drove it 50 miles home with minor issues as it had been sitting a while. That drive alone changed my whole outlook on these vehicles. I absolutely love it, maybe even a little more than that vette. It all started with a $150 rolling piece of scrap.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the group. Cool little truck!

Old 01-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Neat little truck, welcome fo the forum.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

That's a nice looking Blazer. Congrats on your deals!

Old 01-21-2018, 11:46 AM
duhwolf is on a distinguished road

Thanks, So far I just had to replace a rear caliper and the headlights as i couldn't see a thing at night with the tinted ones. I plan to replace the red pinstripe but unsure what color yet, black or white. The green is actually painted on so that is going to stay but the red vinyl pinstripe doesn't fit for me anyways. The wheels are stock with hammer coat painted, I would like to replace them at some point but the tires are 90% so don't want to change the size unless i can get a trade or really good deal on them.