New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello i am travis !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Beginning Member
rdr2wasdope is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello i am travis !!!

WHATS UP!!!!

How's it going every one I'm here to introduce myself, I am a new member joining from Vancouver BC, very happy to be here around other Chevy enthusiast.
I cant wait to get a 6" lift going on my gold 05 ZR2
low mileage,
ANYONE LOCAL FROM VAN??

Old 02-15-2022, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome! This is the place to get advice about all things Blazer!

Old 02-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Beginning Member

Great, Thank you so much for responding. I'm looking at your build now, so sick!

Old 02-15-2022, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rdr2wasdope
Great, Thank you so much for responding. I'm looking at your build now, so sick!
You are very welcome. And thanks for your compliment on my truck. I don't know know how special it is but I do take pride in trying to do a good job with the upgrades I do add to it.

And nice score on a low-miles ZR2. Those are a great truck on their own but I'm sure you'll have fun doing your own build on it.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:28 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. That's a good-looking Blazer. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member

christine 208 , yeah your truck reminds me of my very first ride, 1999 GMC Envoy, sweet truck. I loved it to death, she was so reliable. her name was Friday
because every time I drove it, it felt like a friday. I sold it cheap hoping the karma would come back around. it took some fighting but I have the ZR2 now.

Hey Tom!!! thanks for the shout.
how's your day?
so, I um spent a lot of money on the purchase.. and then the seller had lied to me ..ended up with a 3k repair bill
partly because the shop ripped me off too, nice right
had some real tough luck getting started but the trucks in good shape now, still needs some basic maintenance (rad flush, brake fluid change) then I'm moving to my acceleration and fuel mileage issues.. and then the fun stuff

Old 02-16-2022, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran

Most of us here feel your financial pain, lol. Believe me, I could do some really cool stuff to my Blazer if I had unlimited funds (and a lot more time). You're smart to make sure it's mechanically sound before doing the fun stuff. Nobody likes doing repairs as much as upgrades, but at least if you do them now, you won't have to do them later. And remember, we're all here to help!

Old 02-16-2022, 10:01 PM
Beginning Member

oh i know right, unlimited funds projects would be top tier, mind blowing fun.
Do you have some pics of your crawler, how does this website work for picture's and video ?

Yes , definitely making sure she runs smooth is first.
just making a battle plan now on what to start with,

There is a loud squeak in the morning on first warm up and then it goes away after 5 min so I'm guessing that's the serpentine belt

I know brake fluid flush (its a green tint) I read up that's factory color ?? its not tan, or dark goopy color, its like green tea on the paper towel.

Rad flush (res and rad both look nice no rust or chunks) new cab air filters at the same time. i find that fun stuff

steering is a bit sloppy, steering wheel has maybe an 8th of wiggle .... looking to tighten gear box soon , also gear box looks like it has oil leak on it. not sure if that is from outside or inside or if that's the reason its sloppy.

I may have a small oil leak

also I noticed my oil smells like gasoline and visibly looks diluted. not sure if that has to do with my poor acceleration and fuel economy. I changed the oil and there was no signs of fuel bubbles or an over whelming scent. just some small metal chunks 🤢
hopefully that's not there next oil change.

and then I was looking to clean air intake, fuel injectors, get a new fuel filter and maybe fuel pump , not sure how well its doing.

that should be it for basic maintenance
thank you for listening.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Ontario. There's a few people from out around bc... I'm sure they will pop up sooner or later!

Looking foward to seeing your ride and upgrades!

Old 02-17-2022, 08:34 AM
BF Veteran

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Luckily, it seems like you're pretty enthusiastic. Hopefully you still are after doing all that work.

It does sound like you have an internal fuel leak of some sort. It's probably best to make separate posts about different issues you're working on in the relevant forum sections. That way, you're more likely to get good information, instead of your questions getting lost in your welcome thread.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but here are a few pictures of my rig. As far as I know, anybody can post pictures. Just hit the "Go Advanced" button and "Manage Attachments". Then follow the instructions. I'm not sure about videos.

Quick Reply: Hello i am travis !!!