New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello. New to the forum and New to blazers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2024 | 11:55 PM
|
Beginning Member
03BlazinRedBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Hello. New to the forum and New to blazers

Hello, I would first of all like to introduce myself to the forum.
Little about myself: I am an avid gearhead but no master tech by anymeans I pretty much learn as I run into the problems I face and eventually fix the issues by the help of others insight and experience. I am a skilled Collision Repair technician of 10+ years and have faced a countless number of firsts when it comes to problems resulting from collision damage. So I am capable with tools and elbow grease.
Little about the blazer I'm currently driving: I drive a 2003 Red Chevy Blazer Extreme with the 4.3L Vortec motor. It currently has 103,918 miles on it with its share of problems (primarily the reason I am here).
The body is in excellent shape with no major rust anywhere (some surface rust causing the paint to bubble up about the size of a pea along the top edge near the back glass). And it's fun to drive when it does. Everything is stock and most is origional to my belief. Here it is....

She's a beauty and the best I've seen around in this day and age... I'm proud of it if you can't tell..

What has been fixed since being in posession of it:
  1. Exhaust- Caused by clogged catalytic converters
  2. ABS Module- Caused by ABS light to come on
  3. Plugs, Wires, Distributor Cap and Rotor- Caused by misfires and continued white smoke to blow out of new exhaust (no longer blows white smoke).
  4. Vacume line running from motor to vaccume canister inside drivers fender- caused by sight of deteriorating hoses.
So far, that's the gist of what I've encountered and fixed.

EDIT: I removed the problems portion from this post.
Please go to the Lighting/Electrical section for the problems I'm facing. Thanks!

As far as everything else goes, I look forward to being a part of this community and hopefully can contribute my experiences to others coming here looking for help on their Blazer!

Thanks everyone!
P.S. Sorry for the long post!

Last edited by 03BlazinRedBlazer; 09-15-2024 at 01:53 AM.