General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

One down, million to go....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One down, million to go....

Finally got my 4-wheel drive all lined back out. Replaced the transfer case switch I had just replaced, apparently I had bought a bad one to start with. It happens I guess. Got the vaccuum lines back on right, so that everything works when it is suppose to, not backwards of what it is suppose to. I relocated the actuator out from under the battery. It's definitely redneckgineered now. I wanted to be able to get to it easier, so if any future problems show up It'll be easier to start diagnosing.

Now, I'm just left with the mystery miss. Which may be easier to fix that previously thought. Maybe, Maybe not. I recently started have trouble with the fuel guage, it's either reading right, or not reading at all. So I figure it probably has a loose wire somewhere, the way it acts. I can hit a bump and it works, hit the next bump and it just falls off below empty. I replaced the plug to the fuel pump when I changed that. So that's probably the most likely place to find a loose wire. Be checking that out tommorow, have yet another plug, and have some wire crimps that I think would hold better than the ones supplied with the plug. So hopefully that'll help get that out of the way, at least solve the gas guage from flopping back and forth the whole time I'm driving.

That just leaves me with the ABS and BRAKE light coming on, pretty much when the heck ever. I can get in it now, they'll be off. Go down the road a mile, they'll come on. Drive a little ways, they'll go back off. Just on and off all the time. Has new brake pads on it, pretty much full of brake fluid, just down a little since the brakes have worn a little. Seems like anytime I get a chance to get a scan tool around to check, you couldn't beat the light on. My scantool I use with my laptop doesn't scan ABS codes, so it's been useless. I wish it would have just turned out to be a loose plug or something with these, but I've already been there and checked that.

Just gotta love the intermitent problems. They are good for aggrevating the crap out of you, and keeping oyu on your toes all the time. Plus, when they finally do get fixed, the celebration is always so much sweeter.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: One down, million to go....

redneckgineered! I love that word, can I use it in the future or do you have a patent?

What year is your truck. It sounds like you have (possibly) a wheel speed sensor problem. If your scan tool will read wheel speed sensors while driving, compare them and see if they all read the same speed. There are "hard" codes and "soft" codes. The hard codes are stored in the computer and have to be cleared. The soft codes only turn on the light , they are not stored, so you can't read them unless the problem exists at the time your scanner is hooked up. Often soft codes are intermittents. Loose wiring connections, usually.

If you post the year of your truck, I can look to see if there are any common, similar problems.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: One down, million to go....

Haha, feel free to redneckgineer anything you need.

The Blazer is a 2001 Model by the way.