New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Adam78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Welcome from New York. What would be really cool is if Raceway park had a place for wheeling but that area is just blowing up with construction. I remembe going there years ago and there was nothing but woods. I went to a Hummer Happenings event at RWP and got to drive an H2 on the motor cross track, pretty cool but not to big. Now back to your question. You can wheel in Wharton State Park from what I understand down in a bit more southern Jersey and you can always get an Island Beach State Park permit to access the beach fishing spots. The IBSP permit is for fishing only and is pretty pricy. I looked into it since half of my family lives in Seaside Park and my sister is in Forked River.
I live in Brick, IBSP is about $200 for a yearly pass, its not that bad, less than a dollar a day. Im thinking about getting a pass soon once i fix my 4wd

Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Adam78
I live in Brick, IBSP is about $200 for a yearly pass, its not that bad, less than a dollar a day. Im thinking about getting a pass soon once i fix my 4wd
$200 does not sound bad but when compared to New York its expensive. The New York State Parks 4x4 permit is $65.00 and i can go out on about 4-5 different beaches, however Island Beach is really nice. I remember as a kid we used to go all the way to the inlet and spend the day swimming and fishing. I remember 1 summer some dudes were racing on the beach at night and did not see the end of the beach, both trucks ended up in the inlet. There are 2 service stations in Seaside Park and 1 of them had a lifted tow truck. Both of those trucks were towed out and parked on Central Ave for a while, right then and there I learned to respect driving off road and to always pay attention.