New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello - new parent of Bad teenaged Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Beginning Member
Blazonaire is on a distinguished road
Default Hello - new parent of Bad teenaged Blazer

Hello All,

I just picked up a 2002 4WD Blazer, and working my way through it's idiosynchrocies and issues. I'm very glad you all, and this forum, are here. I've spent much of the last month pouring over the "files", trying to sort out what kind of trouble this errant teanager of a vehicle has been through, gradually piecing it together through it's grunts and scarifications.

I live at 9,200 ft in the Colorado Rockies, 1 hr north of Durango on the hwy 550, one of the most scenic ,and sketchy, drives in Colorado. No guardrails, so that the fortunate guys who plow the passes in the winter can push the snow off the edges, which are sometimes 500 to 1,000 ft drops. When you can see the tippy tops of 60' pine trees just off the side of the roadway, it's safe to buckle up again, they act as guardrails where you're otherwise better off risking ejection. Not really the place to be driving a fixer upper... The first thing I invested in was tires.
In my free time I'm out driving around the jeep trails, a little prospecting & gold hunting, here there's lots of old mining roads (trails) that go right up to the 14,000 ft summits, but not without challenges, hairpin turns to infinity, and sharp rocks.

The main things I'm getting at now are a rich condition (fouled plugs-prob. sensor) on the passenger side, driver's side engine mount replacement, e-brake cable, and replacing the Cat using just sleeve clamps, no welding (after fixing the rich condition). Codes 0300 (tune up badly needed, OEM parts in hand), & 0452-leak down tested fine, haven't inspected pressure sensor connections. I'm gonna post those in the section where they belong. It also needs a front axle seal (driver side), so I'm driving it with the fluid down about 3/4" and hoping the fluid's getting where it needs to. I walk to work, so it's not a daily ride.

Thanks again for all the extremely helpful info on here, it's been entertaining and extremely informative. Some of the people on here really know their stuff and I'm indebted to them and to everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Last edited by Blazonaire; 10-01-2015 at 03:11 PM.