New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey Blazer Fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:00 PM
|
Starting Member
hunneylulu is on a distinguished road
Default Hey Blazer Fans

I am new on the forum and own my first Chevy Blazer. It is a 99 champagne color 4 door 2wd automatic. The original owner gave me every reciept from the day he drove it off the lot and I still have the original window sticker. It has been well taken care of and I want to treat her the same. She has over 215000 on her and I still have to press the gas to make sure her engine is on she's so quiet. I have had some issues so far since I have had her and joined this to give the best treatment and recieve the best reccommendation I can to give her another 200000 miles before I put her to rest!! I love my Blazer!! Help!!!

hunney...

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:04 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:06 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the site.

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
BAGnDRAG-K5 is on a distinguished road

This sounds Identical to my old '01 LT with Onstar and black cloth interior. These are great SUVs and you will love it. With this kind of mileage you will need to keep the oil and the other fluids changed religiously!!! This will keep the engine in good mechanical order. Just remember if it breaks fix it or replace it. Neglect is a bad thing.

Old 07-26-2010 | 02:33 PM
|
Starting Member
hunneylulu is on a distinguished road

Thanks, guys. I am already religious on the oil changes. Used to have an Isuzu Rodeo that blew the engine from back gasket leaks, intake valve leakes, oil pump failure, you name it, that thing ran me to the ground. I take good care fluid wise of the truck, but my concerns are poppin noises on the struts, the a/c not blowin cold air and a bad battery (hope it aint the alternator) right now. Any suggestions on where to post these concerns and stuff? im new to this forum thing and dont wanna cause any confusin in the threads.

Hunney

What a GORGEOUS TRUCK 4x4 jersey!!

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-27-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-26-2010 | 03:50 PM
Beginning Member
BAGnDRAG-K5 is on a distinguished road

OK, A/C this system is R134a and they are not the best at idol. However, if your air is not cool at driving speeds you probably have a leak and you need a charge. Unless the "popping" noises become noticeable when the air is on. The pooping noises from the front end could be from dry ball joints,bushings and/or bearings. Worn and/or broken suspension components. The charging system needs power to make power. If you (or anyone else) has jumped a dead battery then you take a chance in blowing little diodes inside the alternator and will cause failure in the this unit. Side of the road emergency you gotta do what you gotta do,but this is the chance you take. get a charger or take it Autozone or O'Rielly they charge for free. They will also check the charging system for free as well. There are options for the charging system from home too.

Old 07-26-2010 | 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome from Canada.

Old 07-26-2010 | 05:40 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-26-2010 | 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:50 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from next to Down Under.