New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey Blazer Fans

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 11:57 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome!

Old 07-27-2010 | 07:57 PM
|
Starting Member
hunneylulu is on a distinguished road

bag n drag - The popping noise is most definately the struts system, I need new ones as they joints are dry and busted. The a/c was fully charged and blew cold air upon charging and refilling. the problem is the clutch mechanism in the front. The first time it blew cold and the clutch was spinning. it caught and stopped at which point the tap with the head of the wrench made it spin again. I got about a day of cold after refilling it and now it wont turn any more... any thread suggestions to discuss this issue further? thanks in advance.

hunny

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have never done forums before and only my second day on it and i am learning so much and sharing the love of some blazers. thanks for the welcomes from all over and back to you from good ole virginia beach.

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-27-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-28-2010 | 12:32 PM
Beginning Member
BAGnDRAG-K5 is on a distinguished road

Was the A/C charged at a shop with correct equipment or was it done in the drive way? If the system was over charged it will cause some of your symptoms. If this is not the case your A/C compressor maybe trying to shut down/ go out. The tapping on the clutch is giving me the impression of a compressor going out. Hard to say with out standing there looking at it.

Also turn the engine off and look at the compressor and see if the pig tail is loose on the terminals. If this is the case you will need to pull the pig tail off and look at the terminals and see if they are burnt. If they are you can try and clean them and reuse but if they are to short you will need to replace the compressor.

I had been having a problem with my fans working (this is a GM car also) on a sporadic basis and it was driving me crazy. After about two hours of checking this and that I found my issue. The fuse/relay box (in a black case under the hood) had some loose terminals under the fan relay. I could see where someone had been probing in these small holes with a larger probe resulting in them not connecting. I twisted the terminals and it is working. (either this or replace this box with what looks like two thousand wires) so I will do this for now. Try your relays, find the one that is labeled A/C. Run your car with the A/C going and push on this relay, while pushing (not real hard just good pressure) move your finger side to side. If your A/C engages then this is your problem if not, then back to square one.

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Since the 'New Member Area' is for new member introductions --> Welcome to the forum!

We have tech sections for the rest of it!