New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey ya'll. Got me a 99 Trailblazer today

Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
InternalCombustion is on a distinguished road
Red face Hey ya'll. Got me a 99 Trailblazer today

My first Blazer. A white Trailblazer package, V6, loaded. 140,000 miles.

I got it today. Paid $3450. Pretty clean. Nice leather interior. No wind noise, no indication of the dreaded water leaks, at least not yet.

I like it. I know the miles may bite me but I didn't have much of a budget and I needed a capable 4WD for this winter (Northeast PA). If I have to do some wrenching on her, so be it.

You guys look like you got a nice forum here. Stay tuned for lots of questions from this noob, like:
  • Where should I tap a MP3 input into the factory stereo?
  • How simple is it to troubleshoot the electric mirrors?
  • What is the K&N benefits vs cost?
  • I have a bit of frame rust, particularly on the body mounts. What is the best rustproofing solution for the crappy salty winter roads up here in PA?
  • What is the best value in a remote unlock?
Sorry if I got carried away with the questions

Thanks for a great forum. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Drive safe.

Rob

Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
1baddblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from South Carolina...

Where should I tap a MP3 input into the factory stereo?
probably not a input for aux in the 99 trailblazer
What is the best value in a remote unlock?i have a python security...it has remote start, keyless entry, alarm for round 400 bucks installed by best buy...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada

Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by InternalCombustion
My first Blazer. A white Trailblazer package, V6, loaded. 140,000 miles.
  • Where should I tap a MP3 input into the factory stereo?
  • How simple is it to troubleshoot the electric mirrors?
Rob
welcome to the show brother. regarding the MP3, what stereo do you have? some have an "aux" port in the back of them. what problems are you having with your mirrors? (could be a switch problem).
have a good one Rob, hope you have fun with your new toy.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome

What is the K&N benefits vs cost? Most guys find out that K&N is overrated. Granted it works like it says it does and there is a little more power added.. but nothing that a 40$ ebay intake and a nice K&N filter can't do.. No sense in paying close to 300$ for a complete K&N system IMO.

I have a bit of frame rust, particularly on the body mounts. What is the best rustproofing solution for the crappy salty winter roads up here in PA? Get some do it yourself truck bedliner.. or have line ex or rhino liner or whoever spray along the undercarriage. Particularly the frame of the truck.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
Welcome

What is the K&N benefits vs cost? Most guys find out that K&N is overrated. Granted it works like it says it does and there is a little more power added.. but nothing that a 40$ ebay intake and a nice K&N filter can't do.. No sense in paying close to 300$ for a complete K&N system IMO.

I have a bit of frame rust, particularly on the body mounts. What is the best rustproofing solution for the crappy salty winter roads up here in PA? Get some do it yourself truck bedliner.. or have line ex or rhino liner or whoever spray along the undercarriage. Particularly the frame of the truck.
that'd be Line-X, Martin.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You got me

Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by okvortec
You got me
it's ok, it's been a long night. abd on that note i'm hittin' the hay. good night.

edit: oops! that should've been "and", not "abd". say good night Gracie.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from Kiwiland.
Congrats on your buy, any pics yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey ya'll. Got me a 99 Trailblazer today