New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Im a newbie on here...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Im a newbie on here...

They should tell you the codes present and depending on the store, should be able to provide you with a printout of the codes. They can make a stab at what is causing the light just like anyone else. So long as it is a generic code (P0 - P'zero'), they'll be spot on, but if it is a P1 code, they can guess, but will mostlikely be wrong. Thats where you tell us what codes are present and we'll try to diagnose it further for you.

SES = Service Engine Soon
CEL = Check Engine Soon

Old 01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
biggee247 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

They should tell you the codes present and depending on the store, should be able to provide you with a printout of the codes. They can make a stab at what is causing the light just like anyone else. So long as it is a generic code (P0 - P'zero'), they'll be spot on, but if it is a P1 code, they can guess, but will mostlikely be wrong. Thats where you tell us what codes are present and we'll try to diagnose it further for you.

SES = Service Engine Soon
CEL = Check Engine Soon
Okay so they will do this for free? And so once they give me the codes, it will show the ones that are faulted, and post them on here, and u can tell me what exactly they are. Man you have no idea how much i appreciate this, thank you so much.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, completely free.

And, NO Problem!

Old 01-15-2006, 08:43 PM

Awesome thank you very much, if i posted on here at 10 o'clock or maybe a lil earlier or later, would you be on, that's central time 10 o'clock, to let me know what the codes are?

Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Administrator

No way will I be anywhere near a computer at 10c tonight. Well, that is unless I'm dreaming about BF.com, but I'm not that far gone yet (operative word is 'YET'). Sorry. That's 11 eastern here and I've got to be up at 4am EST to get ready for work cause I've got 1st shift overtime supervision this week. Got to be in at 6am for the next 6 days, URGH!!!

Best I can do is a reply in the morning, but someone else might be on that can help out.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:07 PM

ok i apprecaite it, do you happen to know of a website that has the codes on it, that would show the different codes and what they mean? And if so, what exactly would i search for on google?

Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

There's a list on here:

LIST OF CODES

I was trying to find the website but I can't remember what thread it was in. This should be useful though.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Actually, yeah. What I use is OBDII.com, specifically OBDII.com - DTC Lookup Database. Just give some bogus info in the fields and go on in. Type the code, specify the make, and hit search. You may have to know some of the characters from your VIN, but probably not.

Just let us know because even if you get a code for an O2 sensor, doesn't mean the sensor itself is actually bad. There are other checks that you have to go through to determine if it is a genuine code or if something else (even things seemingly unrelated) causing it.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:19 PM

Ok,...the thing about it, is that i have changed my fuel pump twice, in the past three weeks, first time it just went out, second time is becuase i dont think i changed the fuel fiilter and it was low on gas, so right now it has been running good, just check engine light came on, and i took of the battery cables for fifteen minutes and it is stilll on and i also got wack gas mileage, only like 220 to a full tank.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point

220 fo ra tank it depends on how you drive really.... my last tank i got that much but i raped on it a few time .... actually a lot,LOL But If I Baby It I Can Milk Out About 300 With Stock Air Filter i gotta Wait And C What I Get When I Throw My K&n In....

Quick Reply: Im a newbie on here...