New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Beginning Member
Randy S. Hager is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction!

Hi Forum...My name is Randy and I live south of the DFW metroplex.(Texas) I bought a 1995 4X4 Blazer last year after I came back from Italy. Been sitting for a whole year now! Time to get busy I guess. Oldest son turn 16 last November and he want to drive this thing. Letcha know when we start the build thread. Picture will be in build thread.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM
BlazerHeyzer is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum, Randy!

Old 06-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you BlazerHeyzer! Got most of my parts in for the big rebuild. Will start a build thread here in the next week or so! STAY TUNED!!!!

Old 06-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Welcome aboard!

Just so you're aware, 1995 was a transition year for Blazer, Jimmy, & S10 pickups, (no Bravada in 1995 and you'll find out why). There were two different computer control systems used, with different diagnostics, specs, and repair procedures. If you have an early production vehicle, it will require unique software in a scan tool to communicate with it, not all scanners have it.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Beginning Member
Default Introduction

Yeah......I learned this during my research on this vehicle. Not too much going on with it. Needed a trans so I invest in a rebuilt one. Mostly a light off road and light towing rig for me and my son. Nothing too wild will be done to this one.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

OK.

Looking forward to seeing the build thread,

Old 06-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Racer_X is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
(no Bravada in 1995 and you'll find out why).
That's what they want you to believe.

I've personally seen 3 1995 Bravada's (with "S" in position 10 of the VIN) in the past six weeks or so.

Two of the 1995 Bravada's were first gen Bravadas, with the first gen body and engine. Both were manufactured in late 1994 at the same plant, one in October, one in early November.

The third 1995 Bravada I saw was a second gen Bravada and was identical in every way to a 1996 model, except it had "S" in position 10 of the VIN instead of a "T". That one had a manufacture date in May of 1995, and it was OBD-II certified, with the newer style PCM on the coolant tank, the big 12 wire connector on the spider, and all the 1996 Bravada body work (except the right rear bumper extension is missing because I have it now).

BTW, Welcome Randy.

The OBD-II thing is important to note when looking for engine and exhaust parts for the 1995's. If you have the words "OBD II Certified" on the emissions label on the fan shroud and the newer style PCM mounted above the coolant tank, you have OBD II. In most cases you'll use the same parts as a 1996 model. If you have the PCM inside, behind the glove box, then it's not OBD II, and it shares more with the 1994 models. Some parts vendors list parts for both systems for 1995 models, with one alternative marked "OBD-II" and the other marked "not OBD-II" or "non OBD-II". Other vendors (including GM dealership parts departments) list most of the OBD-II parts for 1996 models, and if you buy the engine parts (fuel system, exhaust or emissions related parts especially) for a 1995 model, they won't work with a late production OBD-II Certified 1995 model. GM actually has a parts bulletin about that, but many of the parts folks have either forgotten, or they weren't around when the bulletin was issued.

Last edited by Racer_X; 06-09-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added welcome and explanation about importance of late prodcution OBD-II
Old 06-10-2016, 12:11 AM
Beginning Member
Default Introduction!

Yeah mine is the OBDII as the ECM is under the hood and it has the flat cap distributor. Not going too wild here. I've found a 1995 Astro AWD axle that I "might" put in when I do all this "FIX'N UP". LIGHT DUTY 4x4 work only and it's actually for my 16 year old son to drive. Got some 30" 265/70R16 on Camaro steel "spare" wheels. It's all in the garage waiting on me to "have at it"! My boy will have a serious education in "AUTO SHOP" with this one!!!! (Home Schooler)!

YES ALL......there will be some pictures soon.....in the build thread!

Randy/Samuel

Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Hey Randy, welcome!

What city do you live in? I'm in Cleburne, south of DFW as well. If ya ever need help with anything, give me a holler.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member
Default Introduction

Hey Red.....I'm up here in Venus! Work in West Ft Worth at LMCO! Getting ready to start a build thread on this. Mostly just parts changing.....transmission, almost all the front end parts. Stay tuned for the rebuild thread!

Quick Reply: Introduction!