New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Just got me a ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 08:57 AM
mallterrainhero is on a distinguished road
Default Just got me a ZR2

Second attempt at posting, If my first was inappropriate, I apologize.

Picked up a 98 zr2, it's been on my automotive bucket list ever since I first seen them(though I was unaware of the zr2 package until I purchased this one). It has 150k miles and runs like a champ so far. Just spent yesterday morning with my dad pulling out the steering box for a pitman arm change and it surprisingly well. I read that this might be a common issue with the zr2 due to the large tires. But I'm really happy with it so far, it's in good mechanical and structural shape, and a joy to drive(coming off a 99 ram with all the jeep suspension problems, too many joints, all wear out quickly).

About me: I have many crazy hobbies, off roading isn't one of them, but driving on snowy roads and playing in snowy parking lots is. I do 3d printing, auto work, welding, landscape equipment maintenance, landscape masonry, a little motorcycle work, no time for bookface, a ton of technical forums, enjoy taking stuff apart.

About the truck:
What I've done: Mystery oil with shell v power(I love shell fuel, everything seems to run better with it), pitman arm, cleaned egr valve, sway bar link, bath.
Need to do: Intermittent abs light, intermittent airbag light, mystery oil crankcase cleaning, fresh synthetic oil with restore engine treatment(I believe in that stuff), and eith k&n or napa gold oil filter(no fram).
Pipe dreams: Cat back exhaust, pcm flash(maybe activate tow haul mode, heard it can be done on my tranny, and I hate 1100rpms at 40mph on windy hilly back roads), and specter air cleaner, maybe high lift roller rockers if I really go nuts.

*IMG*

Old 07-29-2018, 09:37 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.