New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Puscypher is on a distinguished road
Default Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner

I'm currently in the process of buying my first ZR2! You have no idea how excited, yet apprehensive I am!

Short version: I'm in the Seattle area. I'm buying the ZR2 of my dreams from Denver. I'm originally from Denver, so I have some contacts down there. I've put a $1,000 hold on the truck I'm looking at. A buddy of mine is going to head down to pick it up and give it a solid once over, make sure there's no issues with highway, city, offroad (nothing too extreme, of course - for now), check 4WD, transfer case, leaks, blah blah blah.

The ZR2 is a 2004 with 85k miles on it. I've seen photos, have been in regular communication with the seller (dealer, not individual), and have been doing my homework.

Once I get the go-ahead from my buddy in CO, I'll be taking a flight down to CO to pick this beast up, and drive it the 20 hours back to Seattle.

My question is: Aside from the standard, is there anything specific I should make sure that I take care of prior to the journey? Are there any issues I should be aware of for a long road trip that might sway my decision to make the buy?

Attached Thumbnails Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner-myzr2.jpg   Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner-myzr2engine1.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Puscypher is on a distinguished road

BTW: Here is the Carfax Report.

Attached Thumbnails Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner-carfax1.jpg   Long-time Chevy lover, first time Blazer owner-carfax2.jpg