New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Love My new Blazer but have problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 AM
1999S10Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Love My new Blazer but have problems...

Okay here's my story:

I retired my rustic 1991 Blazer S-10 4x4 that gave me almost two years of driving pleasure...I upgraded to a 1999 S-10 4x4 Red (all one color this time...no rust!) tonight, and I am experiencing problems.

1. I cannot reverse at all. About an hour after driving it, I went to Subway to get some dinner, and when I put it into reverse, it tripped a little bit, jerked, and let me reverse slowly....and then I drove it a little bit more, and the transmission tripped gears several times. When I got to the next stop sign I put it in Reverse and acted as if it were in Neutral. I can Drive okay, and I went to show my friend and he says that it isn't going into Overdrive when I am going at high speeds. I will be calling the Salvage where I bought it yesterday, and I'm sure they will fix it considering they just had a brand new windshield installed today on it.

2. Sometimes when I make sharp left or right turns at a slow rate, it slows down as if it is grinding against something...is this a transmission problem? I don't hear any grinding noises but it feels like it loses the little power it already has when turning...

3. My 4 HI and 2 HI buttons don't do anything....I hear them attempting to switch, but they don't...I heard the fuse box or something can be corroded or something...any suggestions?

Other than those three problems, I love my car! It's nice looking and it's quiet!

So please answer my questions and I thank you in advance!

Nathan

Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Nathan. This area is to say Howdy, I'm from ____ and I drive a ____. Here's a pic...

Run a search on the reverse and the 4wd there are a ton of threads on that. A TON! As for the power loss while steering, I would imagine it is the same way, but I dont recall reading one of those. Search it up, and start a new thread in the appropriate section with ALL of the info you can get about a) your truck b) your problem c) what you have done.... look at the forum notices, swartlkk has like 15 talk throughs as for the best way to seek help.
Welcome to the fun though

Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the wild west of New Zealand.
Sorry to hear of your problems with the new truck.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM
1999S10Blazer is on a distinguished road

They are fixing it as I sit here...they said something like a cellanoid is out or something...I think that was the correct term they used...

Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

Yep Solenoid.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Please post up about your problem in the appropriate tech section as well as your solution. Your problem and solution may help someone else in the future!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada!