New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Montana

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM
mtexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default Montana

Newbie from MT. Looking for parts for my S10 Blazer. Don't know where to start

Old 06-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Well I suppose that depends what your looking for!!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Welcome from Alberta. I've spent a lot of time down in Montana. What part are you from?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm along what is called the front west of Great Falls. I'm looking for the rear window lock actuator cable. I jury rigged the cable because it had stretched and wouldn't trip the lock mechanism on the window latch. I want to replace it the right way. It looks like the cable is part of the actuator and can't be replaced as an individual part? Is this right? I don't mind replacing the whole thing but I haven't had any luck finding the right part. Can anyone direct me to a seller for that part?
I forgot to provide the vehicle info. 1985 Blazer Tahoe. 6cyl Rear window glass is a hatch with a fold down tailgate

Thanks in advance for any information and help

Montana

Last edited by mtexplorer; 06-19-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Ontario.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mtexplorer
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm along what is called the front west of Great Falls. I'm looking for the rear window lock actuator cable. I jury rigged the cable because it had stretched and wouldn't trip the lock mechanism on the window latch. I want to replace it the right way. It looks like the cable is part of the actuator and can't be replaced as an individual part? Is this right? I don't mind replacing the whole thing but I haven't had any luck finding the right part. Can anyone direct me to a seller for that part?
I forgot to provide the vehicle info. 1985 Blazer Tahoe. 6cyl Rear window glass is a hatch with a fold down tailgate

Thanks in advance for any information and help

Montana
There's gotta be some auto wreckers in Great Falls. That would be my first stop. You could also try checking Craigslist for people parting out Blazers.

Also, since this is the new-member introduction section of the forum you might not get a ton of answers to your questions here. It might be a good idea to post your wanted parts in the "Wanted" section of the forum. You might have more luck there.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
There's gotta be some auto wreckers in Great Falls. That would be my first stop. You could also try checking Craigslist for people parting out Blazers.

Also, since this is the new-member introduction section of the forum you might not get a ton of answers to your questions here. It might be a good idea to post your wanted parts in the "Wanted" section of the forum. You might have more luck there.
Thanks for the tips. Checked out Craigslist, no 1985's. There are several wrecking yards in GF but not sure if getting a used part that might have the same stretched cable issue is the right way to go, but might be my only option. Will also post in the wanted section, thanks for letting me know bout that

Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 AM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Michigan...

Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Quick Reply: Montana