New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member
nervousmini is on a distinguished road
Default my blazer

Hey there, I've been here for a few months since I got my 1997 Blazer 4dr 4x4 and thought I'd finally introduce myself and my truck

I bought this truck with 150,000 miles on in and it promptly spun a rod bearing 5 days after I picked it up

Here is the before pic after I got it running and cleaned up

After swapping in a used motor and fixing some front end stuff and a bad fuel pump I've put another 10,000 miles on it. I took off the roof rack and lowered the front 1" and put on 17" wheels with 235/65/17 michelin mxv4 tires. I still need to replace a noisy right front wheel bearing and a few more front end bushings and I should be good to go for a while.

Here is the current after pic

I've also gotten into hypermiling (see www.cleanmpg.com for more info) with this truck and am currently getting around 24 mpg in city/hwy driving and would be interested in seeing what the rest of you are getting. I'm not sure how well understood or known that subject is around here, but hopefully I will be well received.

Last edited by nervousmini; 08-16-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added link to cleanmpg
Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada! Nice truck too man, I like those rims.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
nervousmini is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I scavenged them off of a BMW that got traded in and was part of a winter tire and wheel package that the customer didn't want for his new car (didn't fit), Funny thing BMW and Chevy have the same bolt pattern, the offset is about 10mm to much but I rolled the fender lips for clearance. Even stranger is that when I did the math for a +2 tire size and came up with 235/65 - it turns out that it's the same size as on the 1st generation BMW X5, so all I had to do is pull a set of decent used tires off the scrap pile gotta love a freebee!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand. x2 on those rims. Good find.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from the other Kiwi down under.
Nice looking truck, X3 on the rims.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Welcome! 5 days and spun a rod bearing? ouch!