New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My first Blazer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Foxxie - will post a few pics as soon as I get time, probably at the weekend. Am working 12hr nightshifts all this week so i'm pretty busy.
Apart from being right hand drive, the 1st thing I have noticed that is obviously different from the US models I have driven is that the shifter is on the floor instead of the column - personally I prefer a column shifter but GM must have thought otherwise for the UK. The parking brake is different too, it's between the seats instead of being a pedal in the footwell. Not really a problem I suppose.
MuddBunny84 - you mention central PA. I stay with a buddy in South Central PA every October, he lives in a little place called Alum Bank, in Bedford County. It's about 25 miles east of Johnstown. Only got back a month ago from a 2 week trip there, going again next October. have been doing the trip regularly since 2001.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

is it a manual trans or just a good old on-the-floor auto trans?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member
lineman1211 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from sunny California (left hand driver lol).

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Starting Member

It's an auto transmission. I believe there were some sold here in the UK with manual transmission though.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Do the UK trucks have the wider flares too? Can't remember! UK members don't seem to hang around too long AND don't post too many pics either! Maybe you can turn that around for us. We need more RHD Blazers here. All this time foxxie & I have been out numbered 2 - 2,000,000. Let's move it up a notch to say 3 - 2,000,000! LOL

Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DaveHearne
MuddBunny84 - you mention central PA. I stay with a buddy in South Central PA every October, he lives in a little place called Alum Bank, in Bedford County. It's about 25 miles east of Johnstown. Only got back a month ago from a 2 week trip there, going again next October. have been doing the trip regularly since 2001.
never heard of it lol only know of johnstown cause i have a friend that lives near there and we go shopping and cause trouble in bedford county once every other weekend.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Starting Member

Alum Bank is on route 56 between Johnstown & Bedford, next to a little place called Pleasantville. It's about 8 miles west of Bedford.
I was thinking that when i'm over next year i'll but some service spares for the Blazer such as oil/air/fuel/transmission filters + maybe a spare serpentine belt. Will almost certainly be cheaper than getting them here.
I think there's an Autozone in Bedford.
I often bring back parts for a friend who has a 1972 Lincoln Continental - got him a used light switch from a junkyard up at Stoystown for $8, would have been much more than that if he'd ordered it from here, the shipping would have been much more than the cost of the part! One year I had an alternator & a starter motor for it in my suitcase.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Welcome from a left hand driver in Florida!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show brother.

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
.........Be interesting to see how UK Blazers compare to our Jap Blazers. One difference I believe is you have self levelling headlights. I'd like to know how that feature works.
X2. and i'm guessing that system is similar to the one that was available in the UK for my Jetta.

Originally Posted by DaveHearne
It's an auto transmission. I believe there were some sold here in the UK with manual transmission though.
on a 4 door? or did you mean the stick was on a 2 door truck, 'cause they sure as hell didn't offer that option in North America, and i plan on changing that soon.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

No manual tranny 4 door in New Zealand.

Quick Reply: My first Blazer!