New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Blazer Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 AM
merickk is on a distinguished road

This $500 deal is starting to get expensive. So far I have put brake pads, wires, cap, rotor, ignition coil, plugs, cleaned the maf, egr. I'm still getting the 300 and 306 code, and rough idle around 500 rpm. It drives good when I get going, except for the front end slop.

Currently in the process of replacing the idler arm, pittman arm, tie rod ends. Have front calipers, spider, distributor with aluminium housing, gaskets etc on the way now. Also did the river rag joint replacement mod while I was under there. Don't think that was bad, but a little piece of mind after all I've read about the steering slop the stock rag joints give.

Brakes are grinding and pushing back when coming to a stop. No noticeable rubbing when going over 2 mph and work good until just at stopping time.

Also have a fuel pressure tester on its way too so I can check the fuel delivery. The dist had a broke cap tab which is why I opted to replace that, figure I need to look at the intake and while I was in there, might as well upgrade to the new injection system.

Also have a driver door window regulator and motor assembly on its way. Probably just the regulator but figure it might be easier to just replace the whole thing for not much more $ there. Window switches, lock switches need to be checked some day. Moon roof won't open either. If I can ever get the rough idle and 300 code taken care of then I can work on the interior stuff. The mirrors I found don't even have any connector to them, seems like the PO just replaced them with non powered ones. And the seats....

Did manage to get the cold solder joints fixed and have odometer and gear indicator lights working again.

Need to figure out what to do about the remote start that was added. Tried to replace the ignition switch but it wouldn't start with a new switch in because of all the relays and junk that was spliced into the old one I imagine. There is no chip on my key and figure the passlock stuff was circumvented by all that stuff. Can't use key to unlock or lock the rear hatch, or drivers door either. Can hear locks clicking when using the lock switch but nothing moves inside. Seems to lock when turned on but no visual indication of a locked or unlocked status from looking at the locks.

And when I'm all done with my blazer, I get to start working on my wife's passat if I can't convince her to trade it in on something else. So much for motorcycle riding season this year I'm guessing.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:34 PM
Starting Member
bp.mt is on a distinguished road

looking for an inexpensive central port fuel injection spider assembly

Old 12-14-2021, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
bp.mt is on a distinguished road
Default non-Oem fuel assembly spider assembly

Hhave to replace the spider on my '99 Blazer and have no idea if any of the non - OEM replacements are worth the risks! Any suggestions for a reliable off brand for a 4.3L Vortec V-6?

Old 12-22-2021, 03:33 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Please go and ask in the appropriate section as per our rules in the New Member Section. Closing the thread now.