New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Callahan Florida

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:49 AM
pauladwagner is on a distinguished road
Default New from Callahan Florida

Thank you for everything these threads have helped me with so far. I am 50 years old and changed my oil for the first time yesterday. I've watched all the YouTube videos on changing the heater core and still can't get to everything. I can't figure out how to get the main wire clip and the ebrake release handle off for more clearance. Please help!

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the group. I'm 50 y.o. too. What year blazer and options does it have?

Which wire clip are you talking about? Depending on the year, I can look to see how my parking brake release handle is detached.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:34 AM

2001 LS, rear wheel drive, 4.3 Vortec. I use to have the same one you have. I finally figured out how to get the main wire clip, the big one behind glove box. I think I got all the screws to the heater box but still can't get it out. I ended up putting my dash back together. Need my ride, but I'm not giving up. Waiting for better weather, no garage.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

For the park brake release, you don't actually remove the handle from the knee panel. You disconnect the other end of the pull cable from the brake mechanism. You have to manually pull the lever on the park brake mechanism towards the rear of the truck, then unhook the wire from the lever. It's above and forward of the park brake pedal. Once you do that the handle will come out complete with the knee panel. You re-install it in reverse order.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 12-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 AM
Default Dash issue

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
For the park brake release, you don't actually remove the handle from the knee panel. You disconnect the other end of the pull cable from the brake mechanism. You have to manually pull the lever on the park brake mechanism towards the rear of the truck, then unhook the wire from the lever. It's above and forward of the park brake pedal. Once you do that the handle will come out complete with the knee panel. You re-install it in reverse order.
Thanks so much. I saw the connection you are referring to. I'm putting the dash back for now, as much as we need the heat, right now we need our ride. So it seems there is something preventing the driver side of the dash from going in all the way. I've readjusted several times. I though it would be fine until next week when the rain stops and the temp goes to 65 but my ebrake light is on and the pedal won't release. Any suggestions?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:48 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

What have done to check that the heater core is blocked? Have you checked that both hoses for the heater core are not hot?

I ask as I had my blend door actuator get stuck and not be able to change the temperature of the air coming through the vents. In my case it was stuck in the hot position which sucked for the summer!