New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum, not new to owning a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Beginning Member
Johnszy72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the forum, not new to owning a blazer

Hey y'all. Just happened to find this site while looking for ideas for my '95 Blazer 4x4 with 125k miles, and she is very well loved.

I picked her up back in the summer of '06 and have been slowly workin on fixing her up and makin her look all nice and purdy. So far I have added new exterior lighting, along with new tires, flomaster exhaust, and a K&N FIPK. I'm not sure what else I should do to her but any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am currently in the process of re-painting the black trim and painted the front air dam that used to be a faded redish-pink.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:45 PM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New to the forum, not new to owning a blazer

She's a beautiful truck. Welcome.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum... very nice truck!!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome. Nice truck.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
chevyblazerlover2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I also own a 96 chevy blazer and i'v been having a huge problem with the abs system and the brake light mulfunctioning switch. Make sure you check it to see if you here any humming sounds , that means it is going bad. Also nice ride!!! It looks really good!!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member

Actually my anti-lock brakes sensor pooped out on me last year and because of the expense and difficulty in replacing it I decided to let it be. I honestly don't like anti locks, but then again I am used to and know how to brake without them, how to pump them... So in a way i'm almost happy that they don't work because i didn't like them because they really didn't seem to want to stop me when i needed to stop, especially on the icy roads we get up here.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:48 AM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Johnszy72

Actually my anti-lock brakes sensor pooped out on me last year and because of the expense and difficulty in replacing it I decided to let it be. I honestly don't like anti locks, but then again I am used to and know how to brake without them, how to pump them... So in a way i'm almost happy that they don't work because i didn't like them because they really didn't seem to want to stop me when i needed to stop, especially on the icy roads we get up here.
I think antilock brakes feel like they aren't doing the job, but they actually are since they are "pumping the pedal" and much quicker than you or I could. This allows for better steering, even with the brakes on full and hard.

Just my thoughts.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Starting Member
abadinalbany is an unknown quantity at this point

ABS prevents manual modulation, allowing less fine control. Depending on conditions, or intended vehicle behavior, ABS gets in the way. On icy roads however, I don't think a human beats ABS ABS knows exactly when your rubber's breaking loose and can respond to it far more quickly, with a lot less likelihood of lockup because it can adjust brake pressure to each wheel independently. Try THAT with your foot pedal alone.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Beginning Member

i tend to disagree, well at least with how the ABS worked on my blazer. I honestly think it pumped so fast that it wasn't engaging the brakes enough to stop me. And at least where i'm at icy roads 9 months out of the year, i'd rather not have ABS. But i realize that is just my opinion. With my ABS i would come down the street to my house and even if i was going say about 10-15 mph i would put the brakes on and not stop until i was at the bottom of the hill in the winter. Once the ABS quit on me I could stop that thing almost instantly, with the exact same road conditions. Maybe I couldn't get it stopped before with ABS because the sensor was goofed up because my antilocks before they quit would come on very randomly, and i don't mean when you go over a bump or are on loose gravel, they would go off on perfect smooth roads even though there was excellent traction and no need for them to come on.