New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from California

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member
NicoleC is on a distinguished road
Default New member from California

Hi everyone, my name is Nicole. I live in southern California. I've owned my 2000 Chevy Blazer for about 3 years now & I love her so much. I had stopped driving her for a while because I knew she wasn't running right. Then I moved & had no choice but to drive her. I honestly did not think that she would make it up the grapevine. Now almost a year later she's still running.
I found the Blazer Forum a few months back but never posted anything. I was putting my faith into someone & they're mechanic to fix things that were going wrong but Ive learned my lesson there. I just want to tell everyone Thank You Very Much for all your threads/posts & for creating this forum. Im not a mechanic & I dont understand how most of it works but Im learning. I also have the confidence now to do small repairs on my Blazer because Ive already figured more out than the person I trusted.
I LOVE MY BLAZER!! I know she needs a lot of work but being able to read through & know the right parts or sequence to follow when trying to narrow down the problem helps out so much. I know that if I took her to a repair shop right now they could easily charged me a few thousand dollars to diagnose and fix everything going wrong. There are things so that I can do myself which will help cut the cost.

Thanks Again!!

Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome! The Blazers are great little rigs. I have a 99 LT and it is perfect for me. When I looked into possibly replacing it, I realized I could find nothing quite like the Blazer. Everything is so much bigger now, there is less selection of body-on-frame SUVs, even 10 y.o. other brands are crazy expensive!

This is the place to be to keep you Blazer running.

If you want to keep yours on the road for a long time, be sure to have the preventative maintenance done. This includes proper flushing of the cooling system. The original coolant had issues with gunk forming so clogging can be an issue. Have the transfer case and transmission serviced or at least make sure the fluids are topped off. This applies also to the front (if you have 4wd) and rear axles.

About the only thing that can happen that will kill a Blazer without warning is if the lower intake manifold (LIM) gaskets fail all-at-once and dump coolant into the middle of the engine (technically the are is the "lifter valley"). This can happen without warning. If you want to keep your Blazer for a long time, have these replaced if there is any other service to be done that requires getting into the top of the engine. I replaced myself as soon as I realized the LIM gaskets could fail, but I could be accused of being overly conservative with stuff like that! LOL

Old 10-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums, Nicole. Hope this veritable encyclopedia of Blazer knowledge on here keeps you up and running for many years.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:57 PM
Beginning Member
NicoleC is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I definitely want my blazer running for as long as I can. Ive always wanted a blazer especially one of the little 1989-90 2 door blazers. I really dont know how much preventative maintenance has been done on it & I realize now when I first got my blazer I should of started with a major tune up & checked everything out. Now that you mention the LIM gaskets christine im going to go get those replaced.

Thanks again!!

Old 10-24-2019, 12:48 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Blazerforum.