New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Beginning Member
BowFreak is on a distinguished road
Default New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen

Hi to all. I have to admit I've stalked the forums off and on when searching for issues on my first blazer (02 4x4, 2dr) but never got around to joining, it was simply a daily driver and a bow hunting tool to be abused. It was rear ended getting on the interstate by an idiot driving 40 miles over the speed limit, and I went and bought a new truck. The very next weekend, I needed to go out to the lease and do some work and realized, that new big pretty highway cruiser was just too big to go many of the places I loved going in my old blazer.... so.... I went and found me another 2 door blazer. '04, 2 door, 4x4 137k miles, pretty durn clean all around. already had some good all terrains on it, just the good ole stock size 275, but this thing had promise. Took it out to the mountains for the weekend, and while there kept realizing it was doing so much better than my old one. Got to looking and be durned if it didnt already have the 2 inch body lift I had decided this blazer would be getting in order to fit 31x10.5s later. I bought the blazer based on the opinion of a friend who picked it up at auction for me, had test drove it but not really got into looking it over completely. Yeah, I'm an idiot.... but lucked into having at least one thing done I had already intended.

I'm a carpenter by trade, far from a mechanic, but I've already decided this Blazer will rectify all the small mechanicals I shoulda been doing the past years as an adult. So, I'm a 43 year old noob to kitting out my first fully custom to my needs and wants Blazer.

I'm sure I'll ask a million annoying heard a million times questions, probably some that you can't believe I'd ask. I will do my best to be an adult and search the forums over before asking some silly question thats been answered in 19 million stickys already.

I'll add a few pics to this thread shortly, gotta bounce from phone over. Look forward to visiting with folks, and hopefully contributing a few things as well as learning a few.

A few things I intend to do to this Blazer:

31x10.5s... have the tools available for fender trimming and a boss who builds 1/4 mile dragsters to help coach me into not screwing it up too badly.

Gotta cut out one bad rust spot on the right rear just in front of the rear tire, this vehicle came from upper kentucky and has seen some salt in its day. Once I cut it out I will weld in a patch, doesnt have to be a perfect patch because....

sanding and prepping the lower half of the blazer and will be painting it with Monstaliner, both for appearances and help on rust protection. will be doing the bumpers and wheel wells as well with it after of course trimming for tires. Intend to monstaline the rack on top, the plaxtic on blazer windows that degrades, and anything else that will appear pleasing to add the black monstaliner on for redneck purty. considering sideview mirrors, etc.

I actually found the swing away spare tire rack on a 2nd gen blazer in a junk yard. Got it for 25 bucks fully functioning with all parts and pieces. gonna clean it up and see if I can figure out a way to mount it to the blazer to solve that large spare tire issue the 2 door blazers have.

also fount the overhead center console, in perfect condition, in my interior color. Paid 15 bucks for it, along with the wiring harnesses all the way down the A arm....gonna try to mount it and see what I can sort out with rigging the wiring harnesses and all for it.

roof rack to come along with time and budget, as well as light bars for it and a bull bar with lights on the front. Have actually considered even removing the back seats, as it is mostly ever me, and possibly one other hunter or rider, and doing up the back in a bedlined cargo area.... thats still a debate. will have years to decide on that one.

Advice and thoughts always welcome, and love to chat, so again, looking forward to it all!

Chad

Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Beginning Member

And...... already messing up, lol.

Mods, feel free to move this thread to the new member area if so inclined. apologies.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160423_170703_zps4f65zzvl.jpg   New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-received_10208048536546565_zpsk5upskuz.jpeg   New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160528_193331_zpscrfhqufh.jpg   New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160528_152448_zpsmz5omcwy.jpg   New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160528_184050_hdr_zpsadyrdxrc.jpg  

New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160528_141428_zpsxn65kumy.jpg   New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160528_155228_hdr_zpswl0gigko.jpg  
Old 05-30-2016, 09:54 PM
Beginning Member

And one quick one of what happens to an 02 blazer when hit at 65 by a 99 dodge dakota doing 105 who tries to slingshot around you and misjudges it....

Attached Thumbnails New Member, just got into my second 2nd Gen-20160415_083007_zpsoyjbplmx.jpg  
Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Moved for you looks like you have had a good time with it so far. Start a build thread when you start working on it. Where are you located?

Old 05-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Beginning Member

Conway, AR. Just got the profile edited more to show it.

Gotta say, your monstaliner is what turned me on to the product. Like I said, I've stalked the forums off and on since I bought the first 02 3 years ago, just never got interested into doing one up because that one had been wrecked and rebuilt halfheartedly.... knew it would never take many mods without having to go waaaaaay back and do a lot of it over again!