New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Beginning Member
crash93ssei is on a distinguished road
Default New from Michigan

Hello all!

Found the site a couple months ago and decided to join up finally. I am Ryan and I have a '94 S10 Blazer with a 350 and running 33"s along with a '92 S15 Jimmy that needs a new engine. I have some work to do the the Blazer this spring, I traded my Monte Carlo for it about 6 months ago and have been making it a little better ever since. I still need to tear the front fenders off and repaint them so they match, but the body is very solid.

I am from the Mid Michigan area, any other members near me?

EDIT

I was going to put these pics in another post, but I don't see an area to post them, so....

This is what it looked like when I got it

I did a quick polish job on the paint to bring some shine out of it and ended up like this

I couldn't stand the Firebird rims or the wings on top of it, so I removed the wings and picked up a set of stock S10 rims with 31"s on them for winter

Spring came around and I needed to go back to some bigger tires, so I picked up a set of rims from a friend and painted them up and put the 33"s on those for the Blazer. Looks MUCH better now!

And you just know I had to play in the back yard with it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4RN95QyN6c

Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Pictures?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Welcome. Pictures?

Thanks for the welcome! I edited the post above to add pics. I was looking for a your rides section, but couldn't find one

Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good! Welcome!!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. Im from just north of Grand rapids

Old 03-31-2009, 02:52 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand. I want a back yard like that!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Beginning Member
highrider44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome welcome good to have ya.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the welcome!

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I am not new to the Blazers. Here is a rundown of what I have had so far

'85 4x4 2.8 - first one. It was a beater, but took me everywhere I wanted to go, usually getting stuck on the way there though LOL. I had bald 31"s on it and beat in fenders. Sold to a cousin that didn't pay me and blew it up. Got it back and used the trans for my second one.

'85 4x4 2.8 - Second one. This one I snagged from a friend at work and needed a trans. I swapped one in and drove it for a bit. After a while, I wanted better offroad performance then stock, so I cranked up the torsion bars, did a spring over axle swap out back and welded the diff gears. It worked great, but sat up to high in the back. I blew this one up after about a year of constant beating on it and just scrapped it.

'91 4x4 4.3 swapped for 350 - Third one. I snagged this from a neighbor that said it kept blowing out flywheels. I pulled the trans and found that the bolt holes in the back of the crankshaft were ovaled out, so I immediately started pulling it out in favor of a small block. Swapped in a carbed smal block, threw on a 3" body lift, cranked torsion bars, and swapped in my SOA axle with welded gears in from my '85. Worked good after I got some fueling issues worked out. I had the same 31" all terrains on it at first then went for a set of 33"s They only had about a 1/4 tread on them but worked fine for what it was. I ended up breaking the welded diff, swapped that out for a stock limited slip / locker then broke an axle shaft which broke that diff also. Swapped in another diff then smoked the engine about three months later. Everything on this was so beat up, I just scrapped the whole thing.

'02 ZR2 truck - bought it for my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) We traded it in when we found we were going to have a kid. Still miss it terribly....

'94 4x4 350 swap - Current toy. I traded a '95 Monte Carlo straight up for it. I hated the Monte and knew quite a bit about the Blazers, so it was a good trade for me and I am very happy with it even though it needs work yet. I have been daily driving it for about six months now with no major issues.

'92 4x4 Jimmy - Current project. Not sure what is going to happen with this yet. It is pictured above next to my '94. It needs an engine, but other then that it is in very good shape with minimal body rot and only the bottom of the front doors bad. The way it looks now, I will probably throw an engine in it and sell it because I want to get the '87 Silverado 4x4 shortbox that my neighbor has.

Yup... a novel it is, but that is my story of S10s lol

Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Beginning Member
90K5 is on a distinguished road

Hey, Im new myself, nice blazer

Quick Reply: New from Michigan