New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM
JonboyFuji is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Greetings

where from in Ohio? like most other states it's pretty diverse.. Just like PA.. helluva difference between Philly and Pittsburgh.

Are you from the Peoples' Republic of Cleveland, Hilljack Central of SE Ahia.. Clod kicker Corn country of West Middle Ohia, New Joisey - West of NW incl Toledo, or SW - god's country

That is a great description right there. I live in the Dayton area, so SWish Ohio lol.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JonboyFuji
That is a great description right there. I live in the Dayton area, so SWish Ohio lol.
Ohkay.. now for your social community

1. Sports events attended:
a Dayton Dragons {incl UD basketball}
- best closest thing to 'Yuppie'. But it's the REAL baseball experience. Drinks in Oregon district.

b. Bengals ... everyone from ST holder to only goes on a Company Comp, but usually watches when not blacked out. {Includes Reds fans.} Drinks at Fuddruckers

c. Browns fans {incl WWE and UFC fans} notable for being rabid devotees. Can tell when Browns playing at home on Sunday from the rusted out C10's littering highway shoulders on I-70 E and I 71 N. Those are Dayton Browns fans

d Friday nights at bars on East First, East Third. Bail usually made by Sunday night.

Oh... and reading your handle.. Produce stocker at Miller Lane Sams Club

BTW: I live in Enon, which is 'none' spelled backwards. Some say forward, too.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

How do from a former Daytonian. Grew up NW of Dayton.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Ohkay.. now for your social community

1. Sports events attended:
a Dayton Dragons {incl UD basketball}
- best closest thing to 'Yuppie'. But it's the REAL baseball experience. Drinks in Oregon district.

b. Bengals ... everyone from ST holder to only goes on a Company Comp, but usually watches when not blacked out. {Includes Reds fans.} Drinks at Fuddruckers

c. Browns fans {incl WWE and UFC fans} notable for being rabid devotees. Can tell when Browns playing at home on Sunday from the rusted out C10's littering highway shoulders on I-70 E and I 71 N. Those are Dayton Browns fans

d Friday nights at bars on East First, East Third. Bail usually made by Sunday night.

Oh... and reading your handle.. Produce stocker at Miller Lane Sams Club

BTW: I live in Enon, which is 'none' spelled backwards. Some say forward, too.
Seeing as how I don't really watch sports and I prefer to drink at home with a good Guinness or Micro Brew beer, I don't really fall into any of those categories .

Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by JonboyFuji
Seeing as how I don't really watch sports and I prefer to drink at home with a good Guinness or Micro Brew beer, I don't really fall into any of those categories .
WRONG! You dont get the bigger picture! You are obviously Fifth Third Field / Oregon district material.
Guiness says either Oregon or Irish Sports Bar. Micro Brew says Oregon District 'yuppie'

Dont really watch sports fits too. Half the people in the stands dont go to watch baseball they attend the event and enjoy the experience and atmosphere. Proof of that is the Dragons hold the record for most consecutive sellouts in US Pro sports
The Dragons enjoyed consecutive sellout No. 815 when they defeated South Bend 9-1 in front of an overflow crowd of 8,688 at Fifth Third Field on Saturday. That eclipsed the previous professional sports record, set by the NBA's Portland Trail Blazers, who recorded 814 sellouts in a row from April 9, 1977, to Nov. 16, 1995.In fact, the Dragons have sold out every single home game since the team relocated to Ohio from Rockford, Ill., prior to the 2000 season.
Last count: 843, 7,320 seats, typical att over 8000.
You dont do that by selling tickets to watch Class A Minor League baseball. In fact, it's sorta like if you live in LA and go to Lakers games. Interesting because Magic Johnson owns a major share of the Dragons.

So .. my conclusion is that if you werent a recluse you would be right at home in both places.

I would too. Rather watch the Dragons or Columbus Crew soccer than go to a Bengals or even reds game. If I werent so lazy.. and broke.

For me beers, though... I like just a LITTLE different but dependable. That means Dos Equis or Sam Adams

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Only sports I've really gotten into have been soccer and hockey the rest pretty much bore me. Dos Equis and Sam Adams aren't bad choices either. Being a recluse isn't really the case, more of being a cheapskate, I'd rather spend what I would on 1 or 2 beers on a whole 6 pack instead lol. However, I get what you mean about the different groups.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 AM
BF Veteran

I get it.. this is just 'happy hour' / intro BS. I do that a lot.
Really do try to get to a Dragons game if you havent been. It's such a deal that Columbus Clippers modeled their setup after it. I had Crew season tix for 12 years but just sorta wore out. I didnt go to a single game in 08 and they won MLS