New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Gloryhound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New from Pittsburgh

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Well, when you replaced the front shocks, what type did you install? Also, do you know if the truck is still at stock height or did the previous owner give it a suspension lift? These factors can make a difference in the ride quality.
I replaced the shocks with Monroe shocks for SUV's. The truck is otherwise completely stock. It has a pretty good option package on it though with power drivers seat, moon roof, trip data center, auto dimming rear mirror, push button 4 wheel drive transfer, power windows, and locks. Not sure if they had different suspension packages that could be optioned or not. I've been thinking of trying to find a Bravado in a salvage yard and seeing if any of the suspension parts are different and could possibly alter the ride characteristics of the blazer. Would also be nice to get a set of heated front seats and the wiring to go with it!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC, for '98 there were more than one suspension option, but I'm not certain. On the inside of your glove box door, there should be a list the RPO codes and here is a deciphered list of them. See if your's lists the suspension package.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Gloryhound is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

IIRC, for '98 there were more than one suspension option, but I'm not certain. On the inside of your glove box door, there should be a list the RPO codes and here is a deciphered list of them. See if your's lists the suspension package.
Thelist for suspension and things that may be related looks like:
FF6 and FF7 Arms RH/LH Torsion Bar Spring adj.
GU6 Rear axle ratio 3.42
L35 Engine, Gas, 6 cyl, 4.3L, CPI, V6, 90 Deg
M30 Transmission Auto 4 spd, HMD, 4L60e, Electronic
NP1 Transfer-Case (electric) Full Range
N40 Steering, Power, Non-Variable Ratio
N90 Wheel, 15X7, Aluminum Cast, 4.75 Bolt Circle
YD3 Front Axle, Base Equip For Scheduling, GVW Plate
YD6 Rear Spring Base Equipment

Additional codes that I could not find on the list:
AXP, C3T, DAY, JC1, NF2, QBG, RSA, RYJ, R9Z, SLL, UG1, XBG, YBG, YD5, ZBG, ZQ6, ZW7, 1SZ, 6WH, 641, and 7WH

I've got 76 different RPO codes on this thing and the list settled all of them except the above. Not a bad list! Thanks!