New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newb

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010 | 04:36 AM
|
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road
Default Newb

Hows it going everyone, greetings from Bagram, Afghanistan.

Been lurking around the site since I got my '93 Blazer several years ago. (RIP) After a couple years of faithful service, and constant abuse it was finally not worth fixing at about 190k. So when my friend offered me a running '93 Grand Am SE 2.3 auto in need of nothing as a trade I took it. This was a mistake. After a couple of months, being stuck in several driveways, and one big assed pothole, nearly ripped the front end off I wasa over it. So before leaving for basic training I made it a convertable, beat it up for a day before piling it full of scrap and cashing it in.
Anyways while I was home on R&R during December, I picked up my dark blue '99 4door 4x4 with 28k. (Not a typo) It comes from TX so it's rust free which is a rare thing in MI. It was a government car which doesnt scare me too much because this was the 2nd car I bought from this lot that came from the TX Government, and I had great luck with the last one.
The dealer said when they got it it had plain steel rims and wimpy tires, so they put on the Bravada rims with Goodyear Wrangler A/T's which are just stock sized but they're agressive enough for anything Im going to drive thru, this one has a lot of miles left in it so I dont plan on abusing it like my last one.

Ive got a few plans for mods but nothing major:

Exterior:
HID headlight upgrade
Im already happy with the rims and tires, the only thing I want to change is somehow get the olds symbol off or covered up
Tail light/marker light tinting
paint the chevy symbol
Possibly paint the chrome like a gunmetal color
Have a hitch ready to go on when I get back

Interrior:
Swap in some leather seats
upgrade the speakers
new head unit with fold out screen (If I can force myself to spend the money)
Eventually I'd like to swap out the Inst. Cluster for one with a tach

Engine:
Very light exhaust
CAI
PCM tune

Wow sure looks like alot when I write out a list lol, but all in all it's far from an extreme build, just wake up a little cheap power and toughen up/update the appearance really.
Anyways on to the crap people care about: the pix. Unfortunately I did not take these pix, so this is how it sits awaiting my return, covered in snow. When I get back this spring, I can actually detail it and really show off what great shape its in, and how nicely the rims and tires go with the color of the vehicle.

Last edited by TheStig; 01-10-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-09-2010 | 07:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! I have moved your post into the New Member Area where it fits a bit better.

You may want to consider hosting your pictures on any one of the freely available photo hosting sites that does not require others to register just to view the pictures.

Old 01-09-2010 | 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow, Afghanistan eh? I think you're the first member from there. Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 01-09-2010 | 11:52 AM
|
Starting Member

Sorry, I even looked for a new member section before I posted in the lounge and somehow managed to look right over this. As for the Facebook links they're only temporary, I planned on setting up an account on photobucket tomarrow. Tried to upload them, but I think my internet over here is just way to slow, I got the "Uploading file(s) Please wait" and never made it past there. So those who cant see the pix today can see them tomarrow.

Sisk: Im actually only stationed in Afghanistan (for about 6 more months) Im from MI, which is where the Blazer is patiently awaiting my return.

Old 01-09-2010 | 12:26 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for what you are doing for us over there!

Old 01-09-2010 | 03:00 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Take care out there man. We've got a bunch of Kiwi's out there too - somewhere. (Not the feathered kind either). LOL

Old 01-09-2010 | 11:57 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.

On bagram there is a maintenace site ran by contractors...
look for two fat bastards, either John Mathis, or Russle Watson, and punch them in the face for me

Stay Safe.

Old 01-10-2010 | 12:07 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum! +1 to what rriddle said.

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:17 AM
|
Starting Member

look for two fat bastards, either John Mathis, or Russle Watson, and punch them in the face for me
Haha, If I see them I will do just that

Old 01-10-2010 | 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Thanks man

That is nice looking ride. Lots of potential there
what are your plans for her?

What is with the side badging? It doesn't say Blazer in it on the front doors.... it looks like the older style trim except it doesnt continue on the rear bumper..... also your roof rack is very different...

it almost looks like a bravada with a 2gen blazer front clip cool truck, i cant put my finger on what exactly is different though
Bravada rims too....

@ Sisk: you know in top gear how they love them some Toyota Hilux? Well the Hilux is the blazer of afghanistan... i would be very VERY suprised to see a Blazer there. You would see a bunch of these
and maybe one or two of these

before seeing any of these

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-10-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Newb