New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie with a question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 AM
stockcar09 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie with a question

Hi I'm new. I am looking at getting a S10 Blazer. My question is are the Blazers really top heavy? I have been told that all SUVs are likely to flip. Is that true?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:51 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum!!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
Blazers are no more likely to roll over than any other SUV out there... any idiot can roll over any vehicle... I had a buddy who once rolled a Honda Prelude.
The real issue comes down to driver ability and common sense.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from down under.
Haven't found the blazer any more top heavy than other SUVs i have owned or driven.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

The Blazer has a high centre of gravity but then all SUV's do, but then they are not ment to be thrown around like a normal road car

Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum!

If you want a vehicle that is going to handle like a go kart and be able to go around corners crazy fast, then don't buy an SUV. It is true that all SUV's have a high centre of gravity and are more likely to flip with sudden movements at high speed. It just comes with the size of SUV's and the weight. There is even a warning on the visor's stating not to make sudden movements at high speeds.
I've taken my blazer through some pretty tight turns though at some decent speeds. There is a lot of body roll, but I've never flipped mine. That being said, it's definitely a real possibility so I don't push it too far. If you're looking to drive like an F1 driver and have something that handles like a go kart...go with a civic or something small and low to the ground.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Zell84 is on a distinguished road

For something small and quick that still has AWD, you can't beat subaru

Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Welcome to the forum!

If you want a vehicle that is going to handle like a go kart and be able to go around corners crazy fast, then don't buy an SUV. It is true that all SUV's have a high centre of gravity and are more likely to flip with sudden movements at high speed. It just comes with the size of SUV's and the weight. There is even a warning on the visor's stating not to make sudden movements at high speeds.
I've taken my blazer through some pretty tight turns though at some decent speeds. There is a lot of body roll, but I've never flipped mine. That being said, it's definitely a real possibility so I don't push it too far. If you're looking to drive like an F1 driver and have something that handles like a go kart...go with a civic or something small and low to the ground.
Thanks for that Sisk, I was wondering what that Japanese writing said on the visor.LOL

Old 08-04-2009, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

I had a chap at the $3 Japan shop in the centre translate mine for me. LOL

Old 08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome.

Quick Reply: Newbie with a question