New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Nother New8 Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Beginning Member
nsomnia_redline is on a distinguished road
Default Nother New8 Here

Hey guys, im new to the forum. i have owned a few blazers and loved them. its been ages since i went wheeling and i would love to that this summer. right now im driving a 2000 CVPI crown vic P71. at the end of this week if all goes well i will have a fun rig for the summer.

my new acquisition is a 1992 olds bravada. yada yada smart trec somthing AWD. anyhow i was wondering what RELEVANT info you guys have on this rig. its coming to me as a trade with cash for my car. im not sure how well it will run but it looks clean enough and hes driving 200+ miles with it to make the deal.

so my girl wants a truck and i told her that this would be it for now. shes a country girl and wants to take the thing off roading (so do i). i told her that its unlikely we will get anything for it so we will commute with it sell it if we can or beat the crap out of it.

so please correct me if im wrong but its been a long time since i worked on trucks and was in the know. in my every day previous life or racing something like smart trec is merely a gimmick to get people to buy something. im totally and fully expecting the drive train to crap out on me first chance.

are they good cars? is the smart trec good? will it break easy? should i just get rid of everything and v8 swap on 1 ton Chevy gear? what dose the blazer community have to say about this rig? i have found surprisingly vary little good info on it. also i was wondering if i want after market parts or even oem parts can i get them from the Blazer, Jimmy's and Tahoe's of the same platform?

thanks

Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Beginning Member
Talking

****ing awesome, so nice to meat you. my best friend at work is from "The Zeal" as i like to call it. lol i give her **** all the time and she dose me to. its great fun.

anyhow she went back home for a trip and when she returned she told me a story and i bought it hook line and sinker. i thought i would share it with you.

she said that in New Zealand they have a new unusualy large genetically altered Kiwi and it was as big as a turkey lol. she said that they sold them to people as pets and they ate dangorus spiders and the like lol.

needless to say i spent 4 hours surfing my pda for this so called giant Kiwi lol and i ultimatly came to the conclusion that she was messing with me.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:17 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

You gotta watch these Kiwi's (the human kind) they tell tales!
As for the Kiwi (the bird) they just keep quiet! But mainly I guess, because they're an endangered species.
By now I'm sure your friend has told you NZ has NO (none, zip, buggerall) dangerous ANYTHING. Well, maybe a few rats or cockroaches. LOL

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 04-21-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Have a look around and if you still have questions, ask away in the appropriate forum!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Beginning Member

yeah. thank you all. will look around then ask question in the appropriate forum.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Delaware!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:52 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys