New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Sorta New... My Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road
Default Sorta New... My Story

Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum for ever! even before I owned my blazer! Yeah that's how much im in love with these machines!

My story: I've wanted and searched for a Blazer ZR2 for 2 years, ever since I got my license. But I didn't want just any ZR2 it had to be THE ZR2. I went through two hand-me-down vehicles (moms car then dads truck) before i found THE ZR2. On September 11, 2009 I drove off the lot in a 2000 ZR2 candy red with gloss clack fenders and bumper. Imaculant interior and exterior. It didnt take me long to start customizing it. New Tail Lights, clear turn signals, seat covers, the works! I was in LOVE! My patience for 2 years had FINALLY paid off!

Tragically on December 16, 2009 while driving home for winter break from college. (Springfield to St. Louis) I passed out on I-44, crossed over one lane ran through the cable barrier, spun 180 degrees and stoping just before enter opposite traffic. The damage done totaled it. I had the blazer of my Dreams for just 3 months and 6 days.

Somehow I walked out of the accident without a bump or bruise. Which trust me I'm grateful for. But the Heart ache that followed was horrible.
I couldn't give up on my dream after 3 months.

So I began to look again. On feburary 6, 2010 I settled with a less than perfect maroon ZR2.
No where close to my last one but I am determined to make this one "MINE"
I will becoming VERY active in this forum in search of help and assistance in my journey. But i know this is the place to be.

My first Blazer:
http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...1106091335.jpg

Current Blazer:
http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...rrent=Back.jpg

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks in advance,
Will

Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the site

Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow, your original one was amazing. I like that mustang in the pic with it too. It's a shame it was wrecked. What did you pass out from if you don't mind me asking? over tired?
As for the new Blazer, its still pretty sweet. The color isn't my favorite, but who really cares about that? lol. The nerf bars are pretty sweet and it looks like its in great condition.
A belated Welcome to the forum from Canada!

Old 02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

That zr2 was very nice...

Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Starting Member

Thanks guys, and yeah i know, I struck gold and then destroyed it.
I passed out for exhaustion, I had been up late cramming for finals and headed home right after my test.
I didn't feel drowsy but knew i was worn out. I thought i would be fine.

The Doctor said that because i had the heat on, cruise control set, and i had just got done eating lunch (yes it happened in the middle of the day) My body simply shut down. I more than likely blinked and didn't open my eyes.

It happens to all of us, usually we're on a recliner or couch, I was in a driver's seat.

and the mustang is my buddy's, we randomly met in the parking garage admiring each others vehicles lol

Old 02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, I figured it was from exhaustion...just based on the OP about your tests. That's really too bad though, it was a really nice blazer. You don't have any pics of it after the wreck do you?

Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Starting Member
Unhappy

Very few, I wrecked Half way home, so parents had to come get me from the Hospital and then back home. We stopped by the tow company to get my stuff out of it But it was really dark so you couldn't see anything. I took a few pictures with my phone (all i had at the moment)

If you saw the pictures you wouldn't think it would be totaled, which is why its so hard to get over.

Insurance quoted the damage at $5500 and wrote me a check for $5700 so i didn't get ripped off like i thought but by state law if the damage exceeds 75% of the value of the vehicle it is totaled.

just added a few after pictures in my photobucket.

After Pictures:
http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...1216091837.jpg

Last edited by rriddle3; 02-15-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 02-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

dam dude that sucks about the blazer, just about the same story with my first vehicle, at least you made it out alive though, some cant say that....

Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Both Blazers are nice! So don't feel too bad! I feel your pain. Same thing happend to me when I was a young lad. Didn't happen with a Blazer but rather a Toyota Celica, the sportest Celica you could imagine. Turns out years later I found one even sweeter. So don't give up, you may run into another sweet ZR2 and sell the Blazer you have now. Just keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce. The good news is your still alive!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Starting Member

thanks guys, I have a strong will. and i am not giving up by anymeans. just have to start from scratch.

I'll keep ya updated

Quick Reply: Sorta New... My Story