New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

St.Louis, MO in the house

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Xtremestreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St.Louis, MO in the house

I found this forum while searching for performance parts for my blazer, and found a lot of helpful tips here so I decided to join and offer my experiences.
I’m not a mechanic but I play one in the garage, and so far I can hold my own as long as I take the time and research the issue. I consider working on cars my hobby and very relaxing considering my current profession in architecture which can be very stressful.

I have always had new cars and when they start to break or are close to needing major repairs I always just went and bought a new one. Then I came across my blazer and I will never get rid of it, I will eventually buy a new daily driver and then the blazer is getting a complete overhaul. There was a program on the spike channel TRUCKS’ and they did an engine swap from the stock V6 to a crate V8 and it is exactly what I have intended for my blazer. I’m guessing the S10 was a 95 - 97 it had the square head lights, and since mine is an 03 there may be some differences but I’m confident I can do it.

I can totally disassemble just about anything and put it back together again without any problems, the tricky part is figuring out the order of disassemble. My weak point is electrical and I’m considering taking classes to fill this gap.

I custom installed my stereo system and hid my amps in the storage compartments to the sides of the rear seats. This requires taking the entire rear interior out, it was not hard and well worth the clean install look. You would not believe the amount of space behind all that plastic. Before I do the engine swap I plan to tear out the entire interior dash and all and spray all metal surfaces with Car Quiet for a really quiet ride.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: St.Louis, MO in the house

welcome aboard from another 03'er...

now we demand pictures!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Xtremestreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: St.Louis, MO in the house

My Blazer is basically stock exterior with all emblems removed, I don't like to be forced to advertise so I remove all identifying marks. You would be surprised how many people ask what type of car it is.
I could post exterior pictures but that would be a waste till I have deviated from stock. I will however post pictures of my amp installation if I can get good pictures and I will also post pictures of my engine mods. Give me a few days.