New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Thanks and hi from Powell River BC!

Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
qwckbrwnfx is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks and hi from Powell River BC!

Hey all,

After spending almost two years landing on this forum and totally loving it, I finally signed up!

I have a blue 1990 S10 Blazer, 4x4. I spend a lot of time taking her up the FSRs around town, and have been doing a lot of the work on the truck myself.

The Blazer was always lady driven, never very hard, and came with only 150,000 orig kilometers on it and most parts factory, with the original reciept of purchase, dealer keychain, and a complete record of all work done. Now it just rolled 166,666 (we don't have much highway here on the Sunshine Coast).

The interior was in remarkable shape with many things never even used (like the cig lighter and cassette deck!). It suffers from chronic rust and a faulty original paint job that's peeling off. I would love to be able to deal with the body issues; the entire front right side is toast, other panels look to be salvagable. Seems to be a common problem up here with these trucks. There are of course lots of other problems that I tackle one by one, as I learn more.

Some of the things that went wrong right off the bat were:
- the heater core exploded.
- the computer went totally insane, making my idle skyrocket like a jet plane, even blowing off a valve cover, thowing codes with nothing to read.
- it was left to sit with old fuel for a year or more, and has gunk in the tank, so I never run it too low on gas or my filter gets clogged. Likely this will cause my fuel pump to fail sometime soon.
- original alternator kicked it.

I am working on a few little things before a bit of a long road trip, also to deal with some reoccuring issues. Plan to go the spark plugs and wires, seafoam, rear brakes, flush the rad, replace pcv valve. Just changed the oil, fuel filter and air filter. I suspect there's a vaccum leak somewhere and also I just noticed a small leak below the master cylinder from the lines there, so that's in the near future.

I got a code reader the other day, after the engine light stayed on for a full week with persistent slipping/stalling issues at 60km/hr. I couldn't figure what was wrong, so I thought having the code might be worth a shot. As soon as I got back in the truck (from buying the code reader) and started her up, the light disappeared and she ran fine. Go figure. Won't stop me from trying it out, as I am still getting some temporary codes, and I think those might be stored for a while...

Anyhow, off to do some reading here, but thanks for this forum, it's great!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.