Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 AM
UR50SLO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

Thought I'd give you guys a peek at how stock Typhoon/Syclone parts fit on the newer Blazers/Jimmys.
I upgraded the Turbo on my wife's 92 Typhoon and made my own downpipe.
I purchased a used set of Typhoon exhaust Mflds and made a plan to turbo her
winter driver (98 Jimmy 4dr 4x4)

The stock Typhoon manifolds bolt right up, So does the stock Typhoon downpipe and it welds right up to your stock exhaust!!!!
You need to grind the Power Steering stud down to nothing on the drivers side.
The front axel(diff) needs to be pulled to remove the oil pan and put a return line fitting in. Adding the coolant feed/returns to/from the turbo as well.
The IC is a cheapy from E-bay I got for free. (Traded work)
The MAF is on the non pressure side.
The Battery needs to be dropped down 4-5" same spot. just down.
Here are some pictures. I have not painted any of the pipes or made it pretty yet.
This is our winter truck.
Anyway.. it's about a solid 3day job with all the materials being chased down.
I had about a week of tinkering with it on and off.
I'll be using HP Tuners sofware to edit the stock ECM. If the Crappy Spider Injectors won't push enough fuel I'll add a 7th injector or Alky to make up the difference.
It'll be limited to aournd the 10-13psi if I had to guess.
Not trying to make a racer out of it.. just make it more fun to drive for the winter for my wife. She'll go into Typhoon withdrawel with out somthing!
Hope this helps someone thinking of making more with out spending a load!
~Scott

I'd finish it like my Hybrid Camaro with a Buick 3.8 but this Jimmy is just a beater.
~Scott

The wife's Typhoon:

Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

thats awesome you have anymore pics i know of were i can get that stuff to do that i have a 2wd 2door with the 4.3 vortec i would like to do that is a programmer necessary when doing this mod?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 AM

The ECM is going to need to be calibrated for fuel and timing for sure. The truck is drivable with no problems with low boost and part throttle. I won't be doing any WOT till I get the HP Tuner software. It's around 700.00. I can tune or send re-flashes once I get the software for about 200.00.

The ECM just won't be programmed for boost. It's setup for 14.7-15.2AFR at almost all times. That's too lean for boost. I'm sure the timing is too agressive for a boosted as well. That's the first places I'll be tuning. There's alot of other places I'll make changes once I have the program.

Tuning is key to any boosted vehicle. Don't neglet this part or you'll be putting a engine in it very soon after!!!!
I can take pictures of anything you need.
~Scott

Old 10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
BF Veteran

do you have any pics of how all the lines are ran for like oil to the turbo and the piping for the turbo and intercooler the pics you have are great just wanted a lil more in depth if you know what i mean

Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 AM

Sure.. send me a e-mail at UR50SLO at aol

I'll send you all the info and all the pictures I've got so you have them.

If you need me to take any more pictures I'd be glad to.
~Scott

Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran

cool thanks i will when i get off work were i work all the email sites like aol,yahoo,msn are all restricted.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
blizazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks sweet. Where did you hide the coolant tank?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 AM

Just a update for you guys.

The spider injector and factory manifold would support 5-7psi of boost no problem with using HPTuners to adjust WOT fuel. If you plan on going much more than that you'll need to purchase a Marine (boat) MPFI Manifold. There about 450.00 on E-bay. Comes complete with external fuel rail/injectors,lower intake/upper plenum and injectors. The injectors are too small but you can put in what ever size you want at that point.

I've had great luck with HPTuners. We are at 10psi of boost with 33lb/hr injectors. Runs strong guys!
6000mi boosted now
Wife drives it daily...
Hope that helps,
Scott

Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM

Oh.. the coolant tank... Lol... I had a left over one from a 2006 Surb. WRX STI that I stuck on the drivers side of the radiator and ran a line over to it. That was the easy part
~Scott

Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How did you run all of the EVAP and other vacuum powered accessories (brake booster, PCV valve, transfer case switch, etc)?

For those of you wondering, here is a Mercury 4.3L Intake Manifold on eBay. But again, this manifold is missing provisions for the EVAP purge solenoid, brake booster, and PCV valve.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts: