Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

http://02vortec.tripod.com/

^^^that's 02 Vortech's build thread in case you havent seen it

Old 02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

never really saw the build up but i've seen his blazer b4 either on this forum or a diff one. love how it says rice killer lol

Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I have most of the parts its just im low on funds to finish it. Its not a cheap project.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
UR50SLO is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyhow.. here's the pic's from today. Love the Marine intake baby!
I Epoxy'd the steel upper to the allum. throttle body.. has not moved since I put it on there 6000mi ago. I painted all the pipes... cleaned up some of the wireing and put a second thin O-ring on the injectors to seal them up. If you use a newer thin injector it should not be a problem.. they just put big holes in these Marine intakes.
Getting closer on the Final tune. HPTuners is the way to go with these guys... No kidding. 10PSI here with No issues. No knock Doing great.

The drivers side pipe is close to the hood insulator so it rubs a bit... but it's a beater right?
1986 GN Powered Camaro
1998 Jimmy with Stock Typhoon Turbo,DP,Headers! Wife's winter beater!
Who says boys have the toys?
Not at my House!
Life has no meaning with out boost!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

More pics + how to are now required

Rear mount turbo isn't really an option for me, since I play in the mud... and I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be very happy being body panel deep in the mud

Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: drperry

More pics + how to are now required

Rear mount turbo isn't really an option for me, since I play in the mud... and I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be very happy being body panel deep in the mud
agreed!!! how to would be very helpful!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 AM

It's fairly labor intensive.. but the parts shouln't cost that much.

Never Ever buy a FMU to fuel one of these engines. I'm not going to rant on about that but a FMU should never be used to fuel a engine PERIOD. I'd put a piggy back system on before I'd use one of those steaming piles. Ok.. rant finished.

You'll need:
Sy/Ty stock exhaust Manifolds
Stock Sy/Ty style turbo/downpipe
Marine Intake Manifold (e-bay) 400.00 ish.
30lb/hr injectors or larger.
HPTuners. I have a file setup for 10psi
Some 2.5" mandrel bends (steel)
E-bay Intercooler
Moroso 2-part epoxy to affix a bonnet to the Throttle body. Or have a flange welded on ... A guy on another site said that a LS1 throttle body is the same size but has a nice long snout on it that you could attatch a bonnet to with out welding! You'd need to transfer the shaft from the 4.3L to keep the same throttle apendages.
Cut/weld pipes so it's arranged in a flowing fashon.. like mine or not..up to you.
You'll need to plum the oil feed off the drivers side oil pressure feed line (above oil filter housing) You'll need 5feet of -4 AN hose and fittings.
There's a fitting you can put where your oil level sensor is for the oil return.
(Guy's with 3.8L F-bodys do it with no problems) I've not tried it yet. I put mine in the hard way... took off pan.. ect.
Coolant feed to-turbo/from turbo.
Relocate MAF Pre-turbo.
Put IAT sensor into incoming pipe (after turbo/IC)
Tuning.... Tuning... That's what is going to make or break these setups.
If it's not tuned right or skimp on fueling it correctly/timing/settings you'll be looking at a yard orniment with a blown engine. 4.3L don't take detonation well. It wipes the mains right out of them.
3.8L buicks are more forgiving and just blow head gaskets. We've got too much clamping force on our 4.3L head to blow them out.
I've got a entire set of pictures I can send you if you contact my e-mail.
Hope that helps,
Scott~
UR50SLO@aol.com

Old 02-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott,

You should just create an album right here. That way you don't have to worry about answering email requests for pix. Just a thought.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Umm... never done that... Guess I'll have to spend some time learning.. I don't mind answering e-mails...everyone has a different question and normaly needs to be answered differently.
I'll look into it.
Thanks, Scott~

Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Anybodyknow what the stock fuel injectors flow rate is?

Quick Reply: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts: