Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

found a cheap superchager (joke?)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default found a cheap superchager (joke?)

Found this cheap "supercharger" I think its a big joke what do you think? Also I am NOT considering purchasing it

Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex

Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Lol someone posted the same thing on ebay a while ago thing is a joke, you wouldnt see any gains from that

Old 04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe this is the thread you referred to.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

a 3 sec burst of air just long enough to build pressure then fall on its face lol i seen a thing on you tube where they used leaf blowers because that electric motor is used for longer periods they had 2 wired up to a vet lmao

Old 08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Actually that thing will probably enhance power as much as a cone air filter would.
And a leaf blower will definitely do more than a CAI.
- I saw the youtube where they used a leafblower with an explorer. Problem being the Explorer wouldnt run when they got done.
If they'd used an engine set up with a turbo-tune it might not have screwed it up.
I put a leafblower on an SVO/turbocoupe VAF meter and it opened it about 3/4
- Sorry just looked at the vid again. That looked like a 2.3L Ranger.

[youtube]ngRdKSh99YU[/youtube]

Dumsheets probably blew the MAP sensor

They could have used a turbocoupe, bypassed the turbo, fed the VAF and got a real result.
Looks like that was a speed density system {no MAF} , not the first time that's been done with bad results. Newby would just get a turbo off a TurboCoupe and hook it up on their 4 cyl mustang and then wondered why everything got wrecked.

You COULD take a turbo compressor section, hook it to a high speed high power DC motor {a turbine engine starter?} and it would work.. some. But I wouldnt do that unless I'd had the engine tuned using an actual turbocharger or centrifugal supercharger, first.

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-14-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Actually that thing will probably enhance power as much as a cone air filter would.
And a leaf blower will definitely do more than a CAI.
- I saw the youtube where they used a leafblower with an explorer. Problem being the Explorer wouldnt run when they got done.
If they'd used an engine set up with a turbo-tune it might not have screwed it up.
I put a leafblower on an SVO/turbocoupe VAF meter and it opened it about 3/4
- Sorry just looked at the vid again. That looked like a 2.3L Ranger.

[youtube]ngRdKSh99YU[/youtube]

Dumsheets probably blew the MAP sensor

They could have used a turbocoupe, bypassed the turbo, fed the VAF and got a real result.
Looks like that was a speed density system {no MAF} , not the first time that's been done with bad results. Newby would just get a turbo off a TurboCoupe and hook it up on their 4 cyl mustang and then wondered why everything got wrecked.

You COULD take a turbo compressor section, hook it to a high speed high power DC motor {a turbine engine starter?} and it would work.. some. But I wouldnt do that unless I'd had the engine tuned using an actual turbocharger or centrifugal supercharger, first.
I believe this COULD (maybe) potentially give you a 5-10+hp gain. You are, after all, forcing air induction. But I think you would have to get a better MAF sensor or something (I think Jet makes one for our trucks). I also think you would have to get an adjustable FPR and a fuel pump that puts out more fuel to compensate for how damn lean this thing would make your truck run. I may even consider (which I would NEVER do this) something to give you more fire, as in a MSD ignition or something. Then AFTER ALL OF THAT, a tune to point all of this added crap in the right direction!

Hell, after all of that (for a tiny 5-10+ hp gain) you might as well put the money toward a super/turbo charger.... where the gains are limitless!