Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

intake plenum and spyder

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default intake plenum and spyder

i want to turbo my blazer. i have been reading alot about it and i have found out that the intake plenum and the spyder are plastic. what exactly are these i am pretty sure i know what the intake plenum is but the spyder??? where are they located, and what is their function. does anybody have some pics or good discriptions.

The Idea

i had a 94 camaro z28 that i had to sell cuz i am in college now and it was way to expencive. i owned a 88 jimmy before that. so when it came time for a new car i went with my current 97 blazer zr2. i love these cars. i have found now after being spoiled by the z28 that i NEED more power. i want to run a single turbo setup. i would idealy like to make 300+ rwhp. However it must be reliable and i have done nothing to the engine (stock). i do not want to do any engine work (ie internal mods) at this time maybe later. i am willing to do fule system work and computer mods. i want to accomplish this on the cheep like 1000-1500 total. i can do all the work myself. i just need parts. can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do, what parts i need, where i can get them cheep, and how much boost i can push safely while still having room to go bigger when i can invest more in the motor?

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: intake plenum and spyder

Run a search for "02 Vortech".

The plenum and stock SCFI spider are not concerns.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 AM

read all that just wanted to learn what they actualy are.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:26 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Zygoat

i want to turbo my blazer. i have been reading alot about it and i have found out that the intake plenum and the spyder are plastic. what exactly are these i am pretty sure i know what the intake plenum is but the spyder??? where are they located, and what is their function. does anybody have some pics or good discriptions.

The Idea

i had a 94 camaro z28 that i had to sell cuz i am in college now and it was way to expencive. i owned a 88 jimmy before that. so when it came time for a new car i went with my current 97 blazer zr2. i love these cars. i have found now after being spoiled by the z28 that i NEED more power. i want to run a single turbo setup. i would idealy like to make 300+ rwhp. However it must be reliable and i have done nothing to the engine (stock). i do not want to do any engine work (ie internal mods) at this time maybe later. i am willing to do fule system work and computer mods. i want to accomplish this on the cheep like 1000-1500 total. i can do all the work myself. i just need parts. can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do, what parts i need, where i can get them cheep, and how much boost i can push safely while still having room to go bigger when i can invest more in the motor?

Thanks in advance for all of your help
first off a turbo blazer when done correctly will destroy LT1 cars. @ least mine does...

the spider is a biggest peice of crap that GM ever turned out. the stock intake plenum yes is plastic but it has held 15psi before just fine and in daily driven applications. JDM on s10forum is running 14psi with stock intake manifold and injection spider.

the injection spider sits under the intake manifold. the 2002 and earlier spiders only had 19lbs poppet style injectors which suck..... in 2002 they went to 24lbs injectors that are multec II design. the main draw back is that GM made it so you cant upgrade the injectors........ they have a unique inlet into the injector itself....

im running 10psi with a cartech FMU and procharger inline fuel pump and my truck runs like a bat outta hell on street tires and open diff.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 PM

you cant change out the stock injectors? nobody makes replacements, this is a pretty popular car for there to be no aftermarket replacements. would it be possible to change them if you changed, say, the intake manafold. what exactly would you have to change in order to get larger injectors. how did you solve your fuel problems? i know you said u had an inline fuel pump did you just step up the pressure or did you increase the pulse length as well i remember reading that you had ur ecu reprogrammed if so what is ur fuel pressure and pulse lengths if you know.

Thanks for your help

Old 03-18-2007, 08:00 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

no dude S10forum has tried everything....

popular ? YES

popular to modify? HELL NO!

they have to convert the edelbrock 2114 carburater manifold to MPFI. thats about it or you can get a marine intake manifold. they come with individual injectors the can be upgraded.

i just increased the pressure. my truck has a really base tune on it. im getting hptuners so i can fine tune it.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 PM

ok thanks where are you getting hp tuner from and about how much is it?