Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Its been about 3 months AND NOW I GOT NITROUS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Its been about 3 months AND NOW I GOT NITROUS!

Again with this RP stuff. Do you get paid every time you type it here? Oil is oil, get over it. Show me something NOT FUNDED by RP or its benefactors that states that RP is a better oil and I'll believe it. Have you done your own testing on this oil? Oil life analysis? MPG difference on Oil X and again on Oil Y? If not, then you have no basis, other than your opinion, to show that RP is the defacto "best" oil ever.

If his plugs were bad, then a very noticable difference in throttle response would be felt with new plugs. Plain and simple. Not because he put in some fancy purple oil.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

I have had an oil analysis done. Went through a years worth of Amsoil and had it sent out to Blackstone labs. They found no water but only normal engine wear, like chromium from the piston rings ect.

After this oil change I'm going back to Q state syth or their 4x4 formula. Which ever is on sale.
If you don't race it, or have a someone else pay for it, the pricey over advertised stuff is overkill.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you have against Royal Purple. Why don't you just try it and see for yourself. I put the stuff in and noticed better response everytime. I do not have to prove nothing cuase I know its better but you got to prove it to yourself. Whatever though the fact is Vortech noticed the difference and thinks it was the plugs which was probably was the oil more than the plugs. I used everyoil change Valvoline fully senthetic before I tried royal purple and will not go back. Try it then knock don't try don't say nothing thats it.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have NEVER said that Royal Purple wasn't a good oil. But you have consistantly said that it is BETTER than anything else with no basis other than what you feel. I have read reports that say that it is good for race cars but correct me if I'm wrong, don't just about all race cars have their oil changed after EVERY race...

The COMPLETE lack of any independant information on this oil is enough to keep me from ever putting a drop on anything aside from a squeaky door hinge. You can not find a stitch of information about Royal Purple on anything but RP funded sites. Now this either means that no one has tested RP (highly unlikely), or it means that RP's lawyers have been very busy keeping others from publishing tests on their oil (MUCH more likely).

All tests that I have seen do not divulge the other oils used in the tests. I could make an extra virgin olive oil beat brand x in my own tests if I really wanted to. Their claim of 3% better hp and torque on 2 dyno pulls is also completely laughable. Anyone that has ever paid witness to a set of dyno pulls knows that even the worlds best dyno has variations up to 5% pull to pull. Everyone knows this and that is why if you want an accurate measure of any gains between setups, you have to do atleast 10 pulls to get an accurate average.

It's when you go telling people that it's the best oil out there and it gave you SO much better throttle response (and etc BS), that is when I need proof. You can't just start saying things as fact with out the facts, plain and simple.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, OIL IS OIL.

*EDIT* - comment removed cause I obviously offended someone.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

Those guys on Spike tv are awesome and by the way all they use and Foose use is Royal Purple. These guys are the stars at FEMA and are experts in there field and that says plenty there. The fact you said that I have a trend in my mods that if it was in Spike tv its on my car is stupid. How old are you. Don't be jealous I got mods you don't have. I feel like I'm tenth grade arguing with you and its funny you started. My car is faster than yours lol. Whatever. All those mods makes my car go faster and makes it perform better and blah blah blah stupid. I am astonished a moderator would act like this and say such stupid things. I think half the people on this site likes there blazer perform better in any which way. So buddy get used to it.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:12 PM

You know another thing. Lately I've noticed a trend in your mods. If it was seen on SpikeTV's powerblock, it was on your vehicle within a week. LOL. I do commend you on atleast knowing where they all go.
I did that!!
I saw the Amsoil product on advertised on a 4000HP funny car. I was inebriated and went to their site and purchased some. I haven't noticed any more or less gains. I think they claimtherer detergents and additives are superior. Yeah right. If someone is satisfied with a product they use then god bless them.

We're getting away from this nitrous post here! Lets back it up.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Administrator

I agree. This has gone on too long. ivannj, you've got a PM.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:43 PM

02 Vortech, where did you mount the bottle? How can you not have hood rub on the plastic TB intake? I have the same TB spacer too. but with hood insulation scrub on it.

Nice job on ther setup. see if you can get a video of your nitrous engagement. I would like to see and hear this monster roar!

Old 02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator

If I don't go S/C with my Chevelle, I'll probably throw a good sized wet nitrous kit on it.

I agree with Scott, we need some more pics and info on your installation! Also, how many times have you used it? Hows everything else holding up?

Old 02-11-2006, 11:06 PM

nope its going in the shop saturday to get window/purge/guage all finished up they couldnt get to them when i brought it in last time. But today i got the r42lts plugs in and an oil change w/ 10w30 Royal purple sythetic. WOW great difference in throttle repsonse. NEVER GET BOSCH plugs... they suck.
I see you're dissatisfied with Bosch. Which plug did you have and for how many miles where on them? The +4's? Did they foul quick or somthing?
Back in the early '90's my first car an '89 Ford Tempo I installed splitfires and the motor didn't like it. I think I put in NGKs soon after.
I installed in my Blazer OEM AC DELCOs spark plugs last week. Not gonna mess with success with them.

Quick Reply: Its been about 3 months AND NOW I GOT NITROUS!