Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Super charging / Turbo charging

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road
Default Super charging / Turbo charging

I had made a thread a while back asking, and got alot of 'do a v8 swap'.
I'm asking again, in the hopes of not having to get alot of that crap here.

I do not want to v8 swap. I want to keep the original v6.
I am interested in a supercharger, I was looking at a powerdyne centrifugal charger. I do not drag race nor need to be the fastest **** in the world (if i did, i wouldn't be using a blazer, would i)

Either way, I'd like to just add a few ponies to the engine with a small amount of boost... maybe like 6-7psi as a daily driver.

I plan on putting in 4.10 gears for a little more torque.

Without the nonsense, can someone just give me straight information on this? What can/can't be done, and any information.

I have a total of $3k I can put towards the entire supercharger/turbo setup. Of course, the cheaper I can get things done (without lacking strength in the project) the better.

I've seen some cheapo "electric superchargers" that are plastic and simply blow air... However, I did happen to come across this right here (i'm familiar the link is an instructional, but what i mean is, i've seen those actual Garrett eTurbos)

I've seen a Garrett brand... same guys who make the T3 Turbos and I was interested if THIS was actually something that worked.

I'm not going to be throwing NOS in this, nor racing it on the track. I'm in NYC. Thanks again.

Last edited by odfareal; 10-17-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If I remember correctly from what I read a couple of months ago, there were some limitations with the fuel delivery system, something with GM never intending for this vehicle to have these things done with it lol.

You may need some bigger injectors/fuel pump to get the needed fuel to the engine with the boost.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
If I remember correctly from what I read a couple of months ago, there were some limitations with the fuel delivery system, something with GM never intending for this vehicle to have these things done with it lol.

You may need some bigger injectors/fuel pump to get the needed fuel to the engine with the boost.
Thanks. I had read the same about the fuel injectors on another project. Someone had changed the manifold to accept larger injectors or something along those lines.

I'm interested in supercharging/turbo charging in general, so not only for this project. I've found T3/T04E turbochargers for pretty cheap (used). Any info that can be provided in regards to installation, or good ideas towards it are all welcome.

My blazer is currently in the auto shop, being painted full black, with metallic chips in it. I figure if I can drop 2k on making it look good, I can drop 3k on making it work better. LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

You can scratch together a turbo system within your $3K budget. The main items you need are a stock turbo, set of headers and downpipe from a Syclone or Typhoon, a Mercury marine intake, some sort of tune, intake piping and all the small components to connect everything together. Do a search on here for UR50SLO. He's turbo'd a '98 Jimmy and it's running 14.4's in the 1/4. His write up on the conversion is pretty good.

Later, Doug

Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
UR50SLO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo Option..

Thank you

Here is a write up I did on FullThrottlev6.com

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=50198

Hope it answers your questions.

Let me know if you have any others send me a e-mail any time,

Scott