Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:42 AM
tenners93k5blazer is on a distinguished road
Default supercharger

hello i have an 93 k5 blazer v8 350 5.7 and i want to supercharge it i was wondering wat is a good supercharger and if i will have to do any internals or anything else so yea anyone got some good info for me thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a budget? What are your expectations with the truck?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:37 AM

well wat iam pushing for right now is to run in the 12's i dont have a big budget but iam gonna work on it slowly like if i have to do internals i get all that done first then do the supercharger so yea iam just looking for ideas for wats gonna have to get done

Old 03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Prob never going to run a 12... EVER

Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
Prob never going to run a 12... EVER
He could, Also strip that thing down and gut it. I think you would want to get as much power as you can...

I think that if you got the weight down and had an optimal setup its possible... Maybe look into ls style swap

Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
He could, Also strip that thing down and gut it. I think you would want to get as much power as you can...

I think that if you got the weight down and had an optimal setup its possible... Maybe look into ls style swap
But hes takeing a K5 blazer and trying to do that, it would be more benificial with all the power he could be possibly making with a supercharger and what not and taking it to a vehicle that will be 10x more aerodynamic and can actually acheive a 12 a lot easier

Old 03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you plan on supercharging an old motor... look at replacing everything that could possibly let go... Big list right? After all is said and done, you may just be better off getting a new GM crate 350 and slapping a roots charger on that. Is this a 4x4?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

4 bolt main. Forged crank, and rods for starters.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:37 AM

yeas it is 4 wheel drive and the engine and tran only have 60,000 miles on it so yea i think it will hold car wasent beat on

Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Depending on how much you'll be shoving down your engine's throat you'll either need to beef it up, or you'll be just fine. If you want a heavy 4x4 to run 12's... look at building the engine up, starting with what Rogue just named off.

Quick Reply: supercharger