Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

lol me either! It went really good with just the supercharger & now with the intake it stumbles a bit & surges (no codes yet)= too much fuel & maybe the taller intake has something to do with it too. But it'll get figured out tomorrow on the dyno
Also the exhaust sounds a bit different, stronger

Old 12-24-2010, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran

Got the intake installed the other day, took longer than I wanted but it's in & with the proper fuel lines, fittings etc. Injectors are wired in, soldered & heat shrink tubed, I'll stick the wires in some red split loom this weekend, for now they're zip tied out of the way. Fired up 1st try with no issues! yeah I know I'm repeating things.

Then I took it to the shop for the dyno tune. I get there after work, the salesman is there "hey man, got it on the dyno right now, 1st pull it ran really well after Ed did some pre-tune settings. 2nd pull it was great, responcive & got up to 5200rpm (used to lean out at 4600 with the spyder assy) no problem, sounded awsome! Then TADAAAA (he holds up the cog belt for the supercharger) belt on the floor" OMFG yeah thanks for telling me how freaking great it was going & sounds etc, thats JUST what I wanted to hear!
Damn belt broke, lil frayed on one edge a bit so maybe it was out of line. Anyway, not another one in the city so they hit the net to find suppliers of Gates Belts. Eventually found one in the city, called them & they're out of stock. They can Purolator them in for Wednesday.
Turns out the company they found them at is a company I deal with at work & we have an account with them. I said right away "tell them to use my companies account & charge us, we'll get a better price than you anyway lol & order TWO!" Plus if they bought them, they'd probably mark up the price & then sell them to me anyway.

Then he says it won't even run right now with the supercharger not forcing air in. Ed may be able to give it an 'NA' tune (naturally asperated) & hopefully it'll run enough for you to have a vehicle until Wednesday.
Sure enough Ed worked his wisardry & it runs. Albeit rich, stumbles a bit & has low power, it runs!
The main issue is that with the new intake & injectors the engine is getting the fuel a LOT better & with the supercharger not spinning that's a huge restriction with the engine trying to suck air past it. If you were to say install a marine intake just to have real fuel injectors for the efficiency & the medium rise etc, the stock size would probably be around 22lb injectors, these are 36lb.
So Wednesday I get to go to work & wait for Purolator to deliver the belts & hopefully all goes well after that.

Happy Holidays all!

Last edited by Rottidog; 12-24-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!

Any pictures?

Old 12-24-2010, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks Kyle
I brought my camera that takes 720P vid & asked him to get a couple vids of it on the dyno & 1 from the lobby purely for sound lol. I was there when the supercharger was getting tuned & I was amazed at the sound of the vehicle on the dyno. (how often do you hear your vehicle going at 4600RPM & stationary?) When my salesman got off the phone & asked if I wanted to see my Blazer, we walked in the back & I expected it to be beside the dyno, waiting. Nope that was my Blazer on the dyno WOW.

But no pics, he was waiting until they got it tuned properly. grrrrr Wednesday I'll get vids & pics for sure because I'll be there as it happens.
Maybe this weekend when I get the split looms in I'll get a few pics - sans supercharger belt lol.

Last edited by Rottidog; 12-24-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
Default Intake & Injectors

Here's a few pics, can't really see too much but you can make out the injector wires etc.

Attached Thumbnails What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?-dscn0122-2.jpg   What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?-dscn0126-2.jpg   What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?-dscn0121-2.jpg   What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?-dscn0133-2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran

The belts came in today, picked them up & they can't dyno it 'till tomorrow grrrrr. So I tossed a belt on, figured it would run ok perhaps seeing as it was running rich with the marine intake & bosch injectors. It does, stumbles a bit starting off & right after a shift, but it'll make it to tuning tomorrow. Then when we had it on the hoist at Duals because of a rattle under it & we found I need a new cat. Sheesh, I'm thinking of just knocking off the pre & cat & just straight piping it to the muffler. Add a "J clip" so the downstream O2 sensor doesn't freak out & I'll also see if Ed can program the PCM to ignore the downstream O2 sensor.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
BF Veteran
Default If you're following: another update!

OK, so, we know the supercharger belt got wasted on the dyno, got another belt bla bla bla... Then the P0335 code happened with the tach freaking out around 3500rpm.
Now it's doing it all the time over 1000rpm. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor, tried the crankshaft replacement learning procedure, it's not taking! Why? - you have to clear codes BEFORE running the learning procedure. The instant you clear any DTC codes the P01336 - crankshaft learning procedure needed, pops up. WTF!!! It knows No DTC's are allowed to be able to run the learning procedure yet it pops the P01336 code instantly. <--- Uh yeah we know that! "Work with me Dano"!

Had the P0335A or B, can't remember.
But that also says there could be a wiring issue, it's a voltage thing, Friday a new pigtail for the sensor is going in & I'll make sure they hook up a meter to test the wires BEFORE we replace the pigtail. If it is the wiring for the crankshaft position sensor, ... that or any wiring is going to be a PITA! Then I wondered if it is the wiring (something got pinched or w/e) how can I/we run new wires? Are we able to replace the existing wires from the PCM to the CKP? Because replacing a few feet of wire/s may not eleviate the issue, it may be at the harness or close to it.

Today we did find (as odd as it is) the ground from the firewall to the block/engine head had pulled out <--- possibly the irratic voltage that fubared my PCM/ECU. But it was just hanging there, loose end hanging behind the block where you don't see.

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER REASON TO DRINK!!! I have work for that!

Done many searches in here for gounds, codes, crankshaft position sensor & looked elsewhere on the net too & got different procedures. What REALLY pisses me off is that I feel it's just 'won witto fing' that's causing all this.
Correct that & I can get it tuned & be hauling *** instead of sucking it!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-06-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:14 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i feel your pain brother.

i'm just waiting 'til you get all the s**t straightened out. then you'll be so fed up with it, i'll get it for a deal, and give it a good home!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i feel your pain brother.

i'm just waiting 'til you get all the s**t straightened out. then you'll be so fed up with it, i'll get it for a deal, and give it a good home!
LOL what an A hole thing to say!
Sounds like something I'd say

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
Thumbs up Got the Crankshaft Position Sensor fixed!

OK, so with all the issues of it sputtering, missing, not being able to go through the crankshaft relearn procedure etc etc. I mean it was running HORRIBLY, absolutely embarrasing!
We went through all the wiring, grounds etc under the hood - nothing.
Checked all the fuses & connections - nothing.
It's burning gas likes there's no tomorrow, you think YOU have bad mileage? Try 1/4 tank almost every 15 -20 miles!!! And it reeks, exhaust pipes are black.
Then I remembered about the crankshaft sensor spacer, there wasn't one when we replaced it but now there are witness marks on the new one as well as the old. Possibly the new one is a tiny bit longer. GM says there isn't one for that, I called BS!
I had a webpage I printed that had a GM part#, the mechanic called & asked him to run it, presto, but it's not cross refferenced to that somehow. It's only a 1/2mm spacer.
Anyway, got it in today & installed it, fired it up & the tach didn't jump ... talk about nervous lol. Revved it up to 2000 & still went nice n smooth, then up to 4000, still smooth! Then we tried the crankshaft relearn procedure & that went painlessly, 2 mins - done!

Best I can figure is that when they had it on the dyno & the supercharger belt snapped, that sudden freeing up of power & loss of 6psi boost caused the crank to spin out or off a little & hit the CKP. Then it spiked the PCM & toasted it when Ed was trying to program it.

So now it's running a lot better, smooth, no hesitation or sputtering. Woooo hoooo!!!
I called & asked the dyno shop to see when Ed can get in there to tune it for the supercharger & the marine intake. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight lmao.
& they say today is the most depressing day of the year - HA!

Quick Reply: What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?