Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

2door vs 4door off road.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dbam31
Now when it comes to 2dr vs. 4dr. 2dr are tecnically better due to the shorter frames and less weight which help with center of gravity, and etc. Also more resilent than 4drs with breakage in the axles and differentials.
you do realize that they have the same drive line.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

yes and no, I've always have been told and under the impression that the longer the vehicle the more wieght and pressure tolerance and pressure points it has. As with smaller vehicles such as 2drs the fields as stated are less, allowing the vehicle to have more abuse to be handled while off-roading.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In the grand scheme of things, the weight difference is minimal and really doesn't affect life expectancy by much. There are two areas where a 2dr has the advantage over a 4dr while offroading IMO. They include turning radius and the high center advantages that go to the 2dr. For everything else, they are practically equal.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are argueing over 6.5" of difference.
A stock 2 dr is 100.5" wheelbase, a stock 4dr is 107" wheelbase.

Longer wheelbases provide better traction, espcially goin up and down hills. They are also more stable. Short wheelbase has a better turning radius.

regardless of 2 or 4dr, the Blazer is considered a SHORT wheel base vehicle.

As for the S-10 Blazer being capable off road, it did win the very first Petersons 4x4 truck of the year competition, and that was the only year it was entered.

It can be made into an extremely hardcore off-road rig.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hanr3
You guys are argueing over 6.5" of difference.
A stock 2 dr is 100.5" wheelbase, a stock 4dr is 107" wheelbase.

Longer wheelbases provide better traction, espcially goin up and down hills. They are also more stable. Short wheelbase has a better turning radius.

regardless of 2 or 4dr, the Blazer is considered a SHORT wheel base vehicle.

As for the S-10 Blazer being capable off road, it did win the very first Petersons 4x4 truck of the year competition, and that was the only year it was entered.

It can be made into an extremely hardcore off-road rig.

6" of wheelbase is alot in hard core wheeling

Ive been lurking here for a couple years and to most on here , the extra wheelbase is a waste. Most of yall like the two door beacuse it turns quick. But when you start getting into a 38"and above tire , short WB , well it just sucks. Stability is lacking and they are prone to turn over backwards on a steep incline. For the average guy that wants to wheel a s10 blazer a two door is the way to go. For somebody wanting to do a solid axle swap and run some big tires a 4 door would be a better platform. For those who want to run a 2 door with long wheelbase , stick your 2 door body on a fullsize frame.
My 2 pennys

Old 03-24-2010, 11:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
In the grand scheme of things, the weight difference is minimal and really doesn't affect life expectancy by much.
thank you Kyle, that was the point i was making.

@Hanr3: Tim, your comments kinda mirror my first thoughts when i first came across this thread. didn't know that little bit about that Petersons 4X4 TOTY though.

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
.................when you start getting into a 38"and above tire , short WB , well it just sucks. Stability is lacking and they are prone to turn over backwards on a steep incline. For the average guy that wants to wheel a s10 blazer a two door is the way to go. For somebody wanting to do a solid axle swap and run some big tires a 4 door would be a better platform. For those who want to run a 2 door with long wheelbase , stick your 2 door body on a fullsize frame.
My 2 pennys

and that, ladies & gentlemen, is why 4 doors are better!

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Beginning Member
IrishChris is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
I would say that 4 doors would be much better... the longer wheel base gives you an extension so that you can reach more contact area... and further... which could be beneficial imo

No way longers worse has anyone on this thread ever heard of a thing called HIGHCENTERED its a lot easier to do with a long wheelbase??

Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
thank you Kyle, that was the point i was making.

@Hanr3: Tim, your comments kinda mirror my first thoughts when i first came across this thread. didn't know that little bit about that Petersons 4X4 TOTY though.

and that, ladies & gentlemen, is why 4 doors are better!

No NO NOOOO. . . think about or go to you tube or anywhere jesus PEOPLE?!?!?! ok so if its the case how come myself and so many people have rigs that are 2 door or even lil trucks bobbing the rear as much as possible longer wheelbase equals lack of places to go to here in colorado a lot of our trails are narrow as **** and tight tight turns I personally would rather be able to do more trails than just be too DAM BIG TO FIT!!. . . But than again lots of people give a **** and you got people driving off trail and over trees and **** and than look . . . O WOW . . . REALLY?? I wonder why yet another amazing trail is closed??

Old 04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Beginning Member
Wink

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
6" of wheelbase is alot in hard core wheeling

Ive been lurking here for a couple years and to most on here , the extra wheelbase is a waste. Most of yall like the two door beacuse it turns quick. But when you start getting into a 38"and above tire , short WB , well it just sucks. Stability is lacking and they are prone to turn over backwards on a steep incline. For the average guy that wants to wheel a s10 blazer a two door is the way to go. For somebody wanting to do a solid axle swap and run some big tires a 4 door would be a better platform. For those who want to run a 2 door with long wheelbase , stick your 2 door body on a fullsize frame.
My 2 pennys

Im guessing there is no logic or very little on this site!!

Of course it gets tippier but ya know pretty much anyone who goes to 37 plus inch tires is usually doin a solid axle swap and bumpin up to 14 bolt or dana 40's minimum so there for ya got your stronger better axles and width as well so its not a ****ING GAME OF JENGA!!

Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 PM
TRX
Beginning Member
TRX is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IrishChris
No way longers worse has anyone on this thread ever heard of a thing called HIGHCENTERED its a lot easier to do with a long wheelbase??

Yeah, that whopping 6 extra inches makes a HUGE difference.

Now there is a difference between a truck with 100" and say a truck with 120 (Extended Cab Trucks Etc) but 6"...

Quick Reply: 2door vs 4door off road.