Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

2door vs 4door off road.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Beginning Member
lineman1211 is on a distinguished road

Now you are talking my language. I love my K5 and I am going to take the wife and kids out tomorrow. Truck is running great and I am excited. I will try and post pics tomrrow night, I am sure my wife will be out of the truck for some of it anyways.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I shall not!!! I am pregnant and shall do what I want and get away with it!

Ya know that doesn't work with my husband and I don't expect it to work here either lol... but its worth a try...
lamest excuss ever used by a woman-and they only use it 'cause they know we can't try it ourselves!

besides, that statement was too little too late-i sent him a letter an hour later.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i knew what they originally came on, i just wasn't sure if those were knock offs or not. and i guess i should've bought the ones that were on Kijiji in March, if they're as hard to find as you say.

some guy had them in Windsor, & dropped his price down to $500. said he had no serious buyers in the 7 weeks he had them listed. i guess since he had them listed in the Toronto listings-without what city they were in listed-not too many people wanted to drive out that far for them. if i had of known that they were that hard to locate-and obviously a steal of a price, i would've made more effort.
It may be different up there...but I know down here they are few and far between. I see quite a few driving though, just none for sale. One of the guys from S10F that lives by me just bought some 20's for his truck. He had the ZQ8's originally. I tried to get him to sell them to me, but he said no lol. He said he had about 10 different offers to buy them (some were for a hefty price too), but he wanted to hold on to them.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:59 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Wikipedia the difference between the 2dr and the 4dr versions of the 2nd Gen Blazers is a measly 6 inches. I'm sure thats going to make a huge difference on the trail.

My Blazer has many uses, taxi, off-roader, tailer tower and lots of other multi-purpose uses.

The 4dr is more family friendly. From what I have read the 4Dr Blazer and Standard Cab pickup have basically the same wheebase.

How about a dumb question??

What does FTW stand for???

Thanks

Last edited by 96Blazernut; 12-06-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

For The Win...

Old 12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
According to Wikipedia the difference between the 2dr and the 4dr versions of the 2nd Gen Blazers is a measly 6 inches. I'm sure thats going to make a huge difference on the trail.

Thanks
It does. Alot . Just go riding somtime and watch different rigs go up stuff. A 98" WB Cj7 may have problems/or go better than a 106" WB K5 Blazer on the same obstacle. At the end of the day , tires and WB will be the determine how easily/hard you get up stuff. Shorter rigs turn easier but tend to get turn over happy on all corners

Last edited by 86Blazer327; 12-06-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
What does FTW stand for???

Thanks

FTW is a common forum term that means "For the win".

Old 12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

See! I learn something new everyday. Who says you can't learn from the Internet.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I would take my 4 door anyday! The stuff i do with this truck beats the heck out my Jeep and my buddies 2 door blazer

Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I'm going to throw in a kink to the idea of 2dr. v 4dr.

The DRIVER makes a HUGE difference in any vehicles off road capability. Agreed?

Quick Reply: 2door vs 4door off road.