Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Alberta Weather Latley

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Meh...it was worth a try . Where abouts in Canada are you heading? It's a big place...bigger then the US.

BTW - your truck would probably be crap in the snow with those tires. Mud tires are junk in the snow. The tread in the tire just fills with ice and snow and they turn into slicks.

ughhhh london/ ontario?
i think, im not quite sure, my girlfriend knows for sure, too bad shes taking her last final.

but from what i have herd, mud grapplers are a very good snow tire. but dont hold me up to that.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
ughhhh london/ ontario?
i think, im not quite sure, my girlfriend knows for sure, too bad shes taking her last final.

but from what i have herd, mud grapplers are a very good snow tire. but dont hold me up to that.
Well that sucks...thats a 2 day drive away from me lol. There are a lot of members you could meet up with though if you're headed to the London area. Be sure to get in touch with them!
As for the mud grapplers, they could very well be. I've never used mud tires in the winter so I can't really speak from experience...I was just going on what I had heard (should have put that in my post lol). It would make sense that they would clog up with snow and ice though and not be much good.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Perfect, London is 15mins from me. You can drive up in your truck, fly home and be a couple grand richer Saves me the trip too lol and is right around when I want to be buying a new one.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Mud tires are junk in the snow. The tread in the tire just fills with ice and snow and they turn into slicks.
Mud tires are GREAT in deep snow. **** on ice and hard packed snow.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Starting Member

Well that sucks...thats a 2 day drive away from me lol. There are a lot of members you could meet up with though if you're headed to the London area. Be sure to get in touch with them!
As for the mud grapplers, they could very well be. I've never used mud tires in the winter so I can't really speak from experience...I was just going on what I had heard (should have put that in my post lol). It would make sense that they would clog up with snow and ice though and not be much good.

Very true, i will be posting it up when i head that way.
I really do want to drive, but with gas, and stuff i may have to fly.

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Perfect, London is 15mins from me. You can drive up in your truck, fly home and be a couple grand richer Saves me the trip too lol and is right around when I want to be buying a new one.
hahaha well if i was to drive up, the price for the truck stands at 6grand, but then you also gotta pay for mine and my ladys flight home hahahaha

Originally Posted by Logan
Mud tires are GREAT in deep snow. **** on ice and hard packed snow.
damn, now i really wanna go hit some snow

Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Very true, i will be posting it up when i head that way.
I really do want to drive, but with gas, and stuff i may have to fly.
well, be sure to post something in the Southern Ontario thread when you're ready to pop up for a visit. and don't worry about having to fly. i'd be happy to meet you @ Pearson and show you around.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
well, be sure to post something in the Southern Ontario thread when you're ready to pop up for a visit. and don't worry about having to fly. i'd be happy to meet you @ Pearson and show you around.
thanks man, that would be nice.
thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

No Chris he has to fly. Ill call an even $6500 by the time your ready to come up because youll have more miles on it lol and it shouldnt be much to fly home.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

thanks man, that would be nice.
thanks.
hopefully by that time im working there! @ pearson I mean. Airport security here i come haha.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
No Chris he has to fly. Ill call an even $6500 by the time your ready to come up because youll have more miles on it lol and it shouldnt be much to fly home.

hahah by june the price actually may be up
iron front bumper custom made , winch,
Upgraded engine, built transmission.
we will see. we will see.

Quick Reply: Alberta Weather Latley