Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Any Spots in CT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: Any Spots in CT?

I have seen a Jeep coming out from behind TJ Maxx in southington where the Century 21 building is completely covered, and I mean covered, in mud. There is a sign that says campground, but I wonder what is really down there. There used to be a small patch of dirt down Northwest Drive. I went down there on bike before. You have to find the spot from the street and cut through thye trees and then you follow the trail to the back and there was jumps and a large open dirt area. I don't know if it is still there now that the industrial park is there, but I do hear sounds coming from that way since it is basically right next my house. Sounds like dirt bikes and quads and stuff.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude small world is right i bought my blazer from farmington auto park for 3k i live right next to tilcon and behind the industrail park on NW drive is a small trail but all thats there is crap that dumptrucks dumped there there is a trail off of plainville ave but i think it goes to the sand pitts i went there once at like 3 am and it was just a big feild and i had bald tires and a stagered size so i couldnt use 4wd if i wanted to so i really didnt explore it. and with farmington auto park ill tell you this now, NEVER LET THEM WORK ON YOUR TRUCK when i bought my truck it was all good then about 3 weeks later the gas tank started leaking so i bought a new one and when i dropped the old one the fuel sending unit was destroied and pissing gas everywhere, and they new it cuz they tried to fix it with some sort of puddy on top of that they wedged the gas lines between the strap that holds the gas tank and the gas tank its self i was shocked they got away with workin on cars like that completly 1/2 @$$'d i was pissed

Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point

plaineville spot is pinnacle rock...thats the place that has an oldd nike m8issile base left there..thats the place you saw with the stairs and rails and stuff...its right behind the quarry over there

Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Starting Member

yea i know about the missle base have you ever seen any doors? lol all there is are stairs

Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 PM
s10 blazer dude is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually found soem undergropund well or plumbing system or its just full of rain water..buty my dad said when he used to go there as a kid cuz he grew up in plainville..that the buildings were still standing..but no ive only seen the stairs and pipes and stuff..wierd as hell but nice trails up there

Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never gone up there before, but i've gone in wolcott. when your in bristol, you go up willis st. and at the top of the hill, take a right onto hunters ridge, there use to be an opening into some sweet trails, but they built houses where the opening is.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I used to go back to the pits behind northwest drive when I was younger. I live on ashford, two streets over from northwest drive. Down at the end of my street, where the water co. thing is, is a path that goes from my street along the swamp to northwest drive. It's only as wide as a bike though, can't get a truck through there. I remember going over the jumps in the back of the army base on my bike in plainville behind the condos on tomlinson when I used to deliver newspapers there.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Starting Member

yea i remeber thos jumps by the army base, they totally revamped the park i went in the pitts by plainville middle school only once if i remeber theres noway your gettin a truck in threw the trail by the middle school i really havent looked for aother entrance