Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Best way to travel through mud

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
shligger is on a distinguished road

Reading the advice makes my mudding attempt seem more and more boneheaded. Do mud-ready tires wear quickly on normal roads? Do you normally take these tires off when driving on the street?

Old 05-17-2010, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the mud tires I'm going to get this week have a 40000 mile warranty. Some people have 2 sets of wheels and mud tires for when they go 4 wheeling. I'm going to use mud tires all of the time. They are just louder on the highway than street tires

Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
the mud tires I'm going to get this week have a 40000 mile warranty. Some people have 2 sets of wheels and mud tires for when they go 4 wheeling. I'm going to use mud tires all of the time. They are just louder on the highway than street tires
See whats funny is im useing half bald street tires lol and ive always had meaty all terrains as the least agressive tires i have and im getting the same tires you have now the Dakota A/T's and its going to be a night and day difference. But what kind of mud tires are you getting?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

If your vehicle is your daily driver and you like to play offroad the best bet is to have two sets of tires. Rims can be had cheap (just get another set of stockers from someone trying to get rid of theirs).

I actually have three different sets of rims and tires. A set of AT's for everyday driving, a set of mudders for... well... mud and a set of MTR's for rock/snow/mud when hunting in the mountains.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
If your vehicle is your daily driver and you like to play offroad the best bet is to have two sets of tires. Rims can be had cheap (just get another set of stockers from someone trying to get rid of theirs).

I actually have three different sets of rims and tires. A set of AT's for everyday driving, a set of mudders for... well... mud and a set of MTR's for rock/snow/mud when hunting in the mountains.
Yeah my ultimate setup would be BFG/Dakota A/T's and a set of Iroks or Boggers for mudding and everything else lol

Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
See whats funny is im useing half bald street tires lol and ive always had meaty all terrains as the least agressive tires i have and im getting the same tires you have now the Dakota A/T's and its going to be a night and day difference. But what kind of mud tires are you getting?
im gonna go with the dakota m/t's lol. they are only $2 more a tire than the a/t's and pep boys is doing that buy 3 tires get the 4th free I can't really pass it up $127 a tire. the a/t's are pretty good.. I liked my bfg a/t's better butttt its not that big of a difference. the dakotas go really good in the snow too so I can't complain

Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

me 2 i saw them at pepboys in scranton...i drooled lol..they're so aggressive looking and the one guy who had a mad lifted tahoe said they're badass offroad and highly reccoemnds them to customers and his friends..so he sold me on them lol just gotta GET them...and 4th free...well technically...5th free..i dont just buy 4 tires i buy a full size spare too lol ned to hit up a junk yard for the rim though.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Goodyear Silent Armors are awesome tires too if you can afford $150 a tire. My dad got me a set right before winter set in and they were amazing. Only had trouble once when we got dumped on by 3 feet of wet snow and the end of the driveway was packed by the snow plow. The rest of the snow I got through perfectly in 2wd most of the time. They look pretty beasty too

Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
im gonna go with the dakota m/t's lol. they are only $2 more a tire than the a/t's and pep boys is doing that buy 3 tires get the 4th free I can't really pass it up $127 a tire. the a/t's are pretty good.. I liked my bfg a/t's better butttt its not that big of a difference. the dakotas go really good in the snow too so I can't complain
Yeah my brothers suburban, my sisters tahoe and my friends durango all have the A/T's and they are extremely agressive for an A/T! Im deff getting them

Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

or

Quick Reply: Best way to travel through mud