Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Which is better foresster or trail blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Starting Member
michaelmoore is on a distinguished road
Default Which is better foresster or trail blazer?

i want to buy a 2007 or 2006 car wich is betterand last longer and will not need repair in short time forester or trail blazer?

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-20-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Beginning Member
aura1 is on a distinguished road

You are on a chevy forum....I don't think the folks around here are going to be screaming GO FOREIGN!!

BUT I will. My dads company vehicles have all been subaru's. One for their impressive MPG, two for their great reliability, and three because they hold their resale value.

You have two totally different vehicles here, the trailblazer sits on a larger wheel base and has a larger interior. The I6 is a sweet heart of an engine from what I have heard. But MPG is going to be pretty down. I can't imagine much better then 22 highway.

The subaru while smaller, I feel, has a more driver oriented interior, a softer, more plush interior, and better fuel economy. Tow rating? FORGETTABOUT IT! If you ever plan on getting a boat, or a jet ski for that matter. Don't get a subaru to tow it. You won't enjoy the trip to much.

Reliability wise I think both vehicles have their ups and downs. I can speak from family experience that our subarus have been nothing but wonderful cars. One of the shops 03 impreza's has well over 300k miles on it and is still used for errands. And has given us only minor hiccups.

I don't have a trail blazer so I can't speak from experience there. But the business (A battery business) has a few chevrolet 1500 work vans and they have been pretty grand. Aside from suspension issues. But if you are going to be hauling 6k pounds of batteries in the back of your trailblazer then maybe you should invest in a truck.

Drive both, if it were a personal choice for myself....I would choose the trail blazer. Simply because I like a larger vehicle that sits higher off the ground.

BTW welcome to the forum.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

i would say Foresster

Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Forester = car
Trailblazer = SUV with a full frame (a.k.a. not a crossover)

Uses for the Trailblazer that I wouldn't advise with a CAR
-towing a boat
-towing anything heavier than a dirtbike really...

Yes the Forester is AWD, but if you want ANY offroad capabilities don't buy a CAR... You get my point. From a reliablity standpoint? I can't speak for the TB's or the Scoobies but I can tell you that every company has a "bad apple in the bunch".

Old 11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't be surprised if a forester had similar off road capabilities to a trail blazer. Subaru's 4wd system is superior to anything GM makes. Actually a forester is capable of pulling a small boat. My mom's legacy pulled out 14 footer no problem. The only thing a trail blazer has on a forester is it has more room. Other than that a forester is the more practical buy almost the whole way around, subaru engines last 300,000+ miles if maintained. imo a trailblazer really has no practical use, other than the trailblazer ss

Old 11-05-2010, 11:11 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it's in how your going to use the vehicle. I have owned several Scoobies thru out the years. They are great light use vehicles. However I have a 02 Trailblazer and a 96 Blazer. I like the TrailBlazer for the room and ride, it's a very good offroad vehicle as well. I bought it because we needed another vehicle for the winters here in NH. Also the TB comes factory with a nice Class 3 hitch and trailer wiring and it will tow alot more than the Subaru will. Just my opinion.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 04 Trailblazer and absolutely love it. The ride is amazing and the smoothness of the I6 is awesome. Mine has 3.73's and a G80 in it which makes it a very capable off-road vehicle. We bought ours to tow my parents boat and for more room.

My parents have had their 02 TB since new and it now has 156k on it. Still runs like a champ and has very few maintenance items replaced.

I can not speak on behalf of a Subaru as I have never owned one. I have friends and family who have owned them and they all seem to like them though. Like mentioned above, the two vehicles you are comparing are not in the same class. It all depends on what you plan to use the vehicle for.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I wouldn't be surprised if a forester had similar off road capabilities to a trail blazer. Subaru's 4wd system is superior to anything GM makes. Actually a forester is capable of pulling a small boat. My mom's legacy pulled out 14 footer no problem. The only thing a trail blazer has on a forester is it has more room. Other than that a forester is the more practical buy almost the whole way around, subaru engines last 300,000+ miles if maintained. imo a trailblazer really has no practical use, other than the trailblazer ss

It's already been said that the trailblazer platform is pretty capable off road, ask Kyle how his Rainier was...

I can pull my 14 foot aluminum boat out with my ATV, I do it every weekend, so a car with more than double the power of my ATV isn't very impressive IMO. My dad and I lift the 14" off the trailer and flip it over by hand during the winter. I'd like to see a Forester pull a 21" fiberglass inboard-outboard boat with no problem lol. I know my friend's dad's Trailblazer can.

Depending on the use of the vehicle one is better than the other, you can't compare them "overall" because they're two different animals. It's like saying a Cat is just overall better than a Dog... but people prefer dogs because they're more affectionate. In this case the Trailblazer is a stronger vehicle.

Last edited by oktain; 11-09-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
It's already been said that the trailblazer platform is pretty capable off road, ask Kyle how his Rainier was...

I can pull my 14 foot aluminum boat out with my ATV, I do it every weekend, so a car with more than double the power of my ATV isn't very impressive IMO. My dad and I lift the 14" off the trailer and flip it over by hand during the winter. I'd like to see a Forester pull a 21" fiberglass inboard-outboard boat with no problem lol. I know my friend's dad's Trailblazer can.

Depending on the use of the vehicle one is better than the other, you can't compare them "overall" because they're two different animals. It's like saying a Cat is just overall better than a Dog... but people prefer dogs because they're more affectionate. In this case the Trailblazer is a stronger vehicle.
+1 and If you want a car that is good for all weather situations, gets good gas milage and will handle your dirt/gravle road to your cottage, get a subaru. If you want a SUV that can tow 5000lbs of what-ever to your hunting cabing out in the woods get the trailblazer.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
FireInMe17 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but my moms 2003 Trailblazer had 50k on it when we got it, and now it has close to 170k and its runs like a champ. The only problem?....the one headlight likes to blow. The problem? A faulty wire harness. Runs like a champ, and its got the I6.

Quick Reply: Which is better foresster or trail blazer?